Homosexuals in Arcanum.

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS, Dec 26, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS

BortiiS_VoN_BortiiS New Member

I've played and beaten Arcanum twice now (once as half-elf guy mage, the other as elf guy mage).
    I started playing again the other day (already near beating it again, been playing for HOURS, btw, the only reason that I now post here instead of play is cuz the game crashed---happens rarely, actually, so here I am).

UH, yes, so I am playing the game again, but to try and make the experience "different", I am playing as a Human female (background: Supermodel) and decided to make her a mage (tech always seemed just too boring to me).

ANYWAYS, there are homosexual characters in Arcanum.

Specifically, at Madam Lin's in Tarant!
    It's funny, I laughed when Madam Lin said to be when I wanted a girl, something along the lines of,"OH, I had no idea you have THAT kind of particular kind of taste. That's okay, my girls will still please you."

And when I got Laura to join the whores, she offered to do me and I went back for seconds and she said something like,"I remember you, you're a 'real woman'. Wanna do it again!"-almost acknowledging that her character knew I was a chick (instead of still referring to me as a guy).

Also, the priestess in Stillwater is a homosexual. After I got the statue back for her, the lesbian was attracted to me and wanted to have sex with me, and then after that, invited me to the orgy.

FUNNY, was when I was speaking with RAVEN in Quintarra, and when asking her to join and it says she leans in all close and soft/sensually with these eyes for me, but then she says outloud so all can here,"YES! I will help you!" in a very loud voice, I guess so the others don't think she's probably a lesbian too?

I didn't have success with Min'Goral, because this character was too "good" (the last character I played as was totally fricken EVIL, like -100 EVIL, I did everything bad, just about), and she wasn't very receptive to me. Still it was funny to do the,"I see the lust in your eyes! You want me! Admit it!"-thing as a woman character to her.
    HAHAHAH!

Anyways, pretty funny stuff.
    Especially taking off my clothes and walking around "naked" (but in the game, it shows you in a bathing suit, what's up with that?! LAME! They show heads getting chopped off and stuff but they won't show naked people?), and having all the people calling me a whore, slut, harlot, etc.
    Funny shit!

Yeah, so, so far, I've had lesbian sex with all the whores at Madam Lin's, Bridgette in Stillwate, and all the temple followers in the big orgy there.
    Gee, I wonder if I'll end up carpet-munching with Raven later on in the game.

LESBIANS IN ARCANUM!
    GEE, maybe GLAAD should start endorsing this game.
    HAHAHAH!
    But there are no male-faggots in the game, I noticed, unless Vollinger was a homosexual, he seemed a bit "odd".
    Or is Virgil suppose to be the game's token ass rooter?
    I think Gilbert Bates has butt sex with Chukka (is it me, or does G.Bates sound like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons?).

I think the potato-moonshine guy and Maximillian have a secret something going on the island besides just moonshine.

I think Gar and H.T Parnelli hump each other.
    I noticed in the museum, that they both share and sleep in the same room. Now, if you were a somewhat wealthy business owner why would you be sleeping in the same room as your orcish slave than in some better accomondations for yourself or wife?

The Gentlemen's Club in Tarant must be a homosexual hang-out, since they won't let me in (female charcter).

The smith in Stillwater and his missing wizard friend are probably homos too.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You are missing something very important DUDE! They are not homosexual, they are BIsexual. There is a big difference. You with your exitment created stupid concept mistakes. There has been very long discussions on this forum about this. Near flame wars. I hope no one will start one here.

3. anachronox2

anachronox2 New Member

Sorry jinxed but i just cant stop meself.

Look, buddy. being gay is NOT just sex. if it were, most people probably wouldnt have such a problem with it. As it is, being gay means being attracted to others of the same sex. This means LOVE as well as sex.

Also, saying that characters are lesbian simply because some horny game designer decided he was too lazy to edit the code allowing them to have sex with the PC is just wrong. Once again, having sex with you disguised as a woman in Arcanum does NOT equal being a lesbian. Got it?

And one last thing. GLAAD will not endorse anything based solely upon meaningless sex. Thats like asking the Affirmative Action League to support prostitution.

Ok, that's all im gonna say about it.

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Given your draconian attitude to accuracy, I have to reply:

Madam Lin? MADAM LIN? That's just bloody stupid and pathetic; her name is Madam Lil. Why would you bother even writing a thread including something so obviously wrong?

Yeah, and making Madam Lil into whatever you say she is, is a real hoot. They have a specific description for people who do stuff like that, they're "delusional".

Gee, I think I'll make Chocolate into Vanilla. I can do that cuz I SAY IT'S SO!
    So from now on, everything Chocolate is actually Vanilla. Oh, they also call people who say such things "insane."
    I wonder why?

Blah, blah, etc, etc ...

Of course, this would ridiculously attempt to inflate the significance of a harmless mistake out of all proportion, to the detriment of any worthwhile discussion in the thread. It would offer nothing to the other users of the forum, but hey, at least I'd have had the satisfaction of putting someone down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2001-12-27 14:29 ]</font>

5. Zexaqaxez

Zexaqaxez New Member

The Women's Camp on the Isle of Despair... probably frigid but if they did get it on it'd be with each other, not men, with the occasional exception of men they capture and use to produce more female babies.
    Ristezze in Stillwater seems pretty fruity.. and, after all, he does talk like a girl.
    The elven tailor in Tarant is kind of "foppish", as well (and what is he anyway, a male seamstress?)
    Sheriff Fatman I laughed my ass off when I saw your sheep picture, and the funny thing is that it was on my screen for several seconds and THEN I started laughing, at the most random time interval

6. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

wow yet another homophobe who gets off on women being together. "How 70's" :hippy:

7. Calis

Calis Member

Hey, what's wrong with getting off on women being together? The sexuality of a heterosexual man is extremely visually-oriented, y'know. Personally, I find few things as arousing as seeing two lesbian women, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I mean...

Be a bit more open-minded about the way we experience sexuality, dammit! :grin:

8. anachronox2

anachronox2 New Member

Geeeeeeeee. am i gonna say anyting? i rather believe the enswer to that is YES.

just because i already got my fun for the week yelling at bortiis a couple of posts ago, im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you werent saying that all effeminate people are gay, becuz otherwise id hafta yell at you too.

btw: i really *didnt* want to know what turns you on, calis :wink:. thanks for sharing.

9. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

yeah, you tell him anachronox! i also am effeminate, and i'm tired of being called gay. i don't care where other men stick their bits and pieces, but it's bad enough being labelled - being mislabelled sucks worse.

so what if my favourite colour is pink (a delicate damask, not that simply awful carmine shade) and i like to skip (it get's you there three times as quick, y'know) - i'm still heterosexual.

when judgement day comes and we all get to choose our heavens, i'll be right in there with the macho louts, limply raising my wrist and squeaking in a sharp falsetto "take me to the sex goddess"

10. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

mislabeling does suck, I thank God that I have not been given anything that makes me easy to label. I hate labels, although I would much rather people ASSume that I am straight when they first met me as it makes it easier for me to commnicate with them. Or so I ASSume, I am currently working at the first job that I have been in the closet since I was in the military. I ASSumed it would be better for me that way until another person got hired who was openly gay. Everyone was cool with him but still poked fun at the femine way he talked and stressed out. But all in all I don't think he got ribbed more then anyone else did for their own differances. But I still did not come out cause it was apparent that he had a crush on me and I felt outing myself while he was there would only make things even more difficult as he was not even remotely my type. He has since left and I am still in the closet but mainly cause I now work the night shift with only one other person. Since then I have been open about my sexuality with the people I have worked the nightshift with. I figured if they outted me they might feel guilty about it but I would fogive them cause I really didn't give a damn in the first place.

All in all I did learn that in the closet or out, straight or gay, black or white. If people like you they will like you, no matter what the differances. And if they don't like you they will find a reason not to like you no mater how hard you try to like them.

By choosing to stay in the closet this long it has actually opened my eyes. Before it was way to important that people like me for everything that I was and NOT for what they THOUGHT I was. Now days it just don't seem as important.

BTW Carl I was not slamin him for liking lesbian sex. I was slamin him cause he felt a need to dump on other homosexuals while he did it. Men are very visual and extremly sexual creatures by nature. As such I would not expect any hetro to be less sexual then myself in fact seeing as our culture is more accepting to male hetro desires I would expect them to be even more sexual then I am and possibly more sexually imagenative then I am (although I would seriously doubt it :wink: )

11. anachronox2

anachronox2 New Member

Heh... sherriff, you are the funniest person on these forums. I meen that.

12. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

Nah Feldon Kane is the funniest but Sheriff Fatman does rank right up there. (just behind Mr. Nobodie that guy cracks me up also) :hippy:

13. carlstar

carlstar New Member

thats true that every thing is visual and to turn in disgust at things is something that each person has the right to do but why do it. just experiancing something that is different and new from the everyday norm can change your lifes perspective on so many things. maybe thats why old people get set in there ways cause theyve seen it all or so they say.

but why the hell was i dragged into this. not that i mind at all.

14. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

very interesting points Carl. I do try to expose myself to new thoughts and ideas all the time. But somethings I just can't get into.

15. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I'm so glad you three mentioned ME as one of the funniest. It really makes me feel nice. Yes.
    *not so subtly hinting*
    *fishing for compliments*
    *gets a sardine*

Sweet!

16. Calis

Calis Member

That wasn't Carl, that was me. And I was just pokin' a little. :smile:

17. carlstar

carlstar New Member

18. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

quote "All in all I did learn that in the closet or out, straight or gay, black or white. If people like you they will like you, no matter what the differances. And if they don't like you they will find a reason not to like you no mater how hard you try to like them.

By choosing to stay in the closet this long it has actually opened my eyes. Before it was way to important that people like me for everything that I was and NOT for what they THOUGHT I was. Now days it just don't seem as important". quote

eros my friend, i could not possibly agree with you more. those few sentences there has raised my hopes for this sad little world of ours, if only there was more people like you around. :heart:

also eros thank you for the compliment, if nothing else i'm glad i've brought some humour and happiness into peoples lives

btw does that make me one of the funny one's because if so that means i'm never gonna get a woman ever again..... oh well, situation normal i guess :hump:

19. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

Hey Nobobie don't sell yourself short. Women LOVE humor if you can make a woman laugh you are half way their (as long as what's in your pants ain't what she's laughing at.)

The majority of women that hit on me say they love my humor. If you are suffering a dry spell right now try planting seeds elsewhere. I remember when I was young I was blown out of the water by no less then 3 different girls that I liked. Do you know that is less then a year after each one those same girls came back wanting to date me cause i was the only guy that made them feel special and made them laugh.

So it is my belief that absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you are getting a chill from some girls you like then find some other girls to hang around. The girls that dissed you will come back you watch :wink:

Thanks for the complement by the way :hippy:

20. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

no dry spell here mofo, i am a sexual monster, ROOAARR!!, LOL!, but seriously i haven't had time for women check my new thread and you'll see why, thank christ it's nearly over is all i can say, and i hope you of all people will like it my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!