Funny LSD trip like Arcanum bug

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bane99, Dec 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bane99

Bane99 New Member

This happens whenever I play for 10 mins, ok here goes. I am exloring Blackroot and walk ibto the Seaside salvage junkshop, I sell a heavy gear and a large spring for some cash and wave bye to the shopkeeper,then I become a shadow, ok lets be more specific, you know when you see someones shadow? yeah I look like that and so does every1 else. And this shadow (its more purple than anything) leaces trails and the game gets more and more distorted. Like I said this happens every 10 mins or so. I dont mind much cause I just quit the game and go in again problem solved. But it isnt really solved cause the same problem will come up 10 mins later. I try saving when that "trip" happens and load again but the screen goes black once loaded. Any1 know what this is and what I mean,it happened in the demo as well. No slowdons in Arcanum whatsoever. This game was actually a masterpiece of coding until that LLS bug. If u dont wont slowdowns get a rig like mine.
    Windows 98 se
    256 mb ram
    1 ghz p3
    Riva tnt 1
    18.6 gb hdd
    Of course there will be cause every computers differnet though, all these contradications

2. HED854

HED854 New Member

Try running the game in safe mode. It usually gets rid of any problem w/ the game

3. Bane99

Bane99 New Member

Thanks didnt think of that
    Sure it will work :smile:

4. Lethran

Lethran New Member

Mine does that when my memory buffer is full. Have you tried cleaning out all the extra junk sitting around on your harddrive? Mine will do the "LSD crash" if I run e-mail simulteniously or if I played another game without rebouting between.

5. Bane99

Bane99 New Member

My hardrive has at least 10 gigs free, I am sure with safemode the bug buggers off, but check my safemode problem thread :smile:

6. SpiffyP

SpiffyP New Member

there's a lot of possibilities...

and, do you really wanna hafta reboot in safe mode every time you play? and end up w/ 16color? NOT!

here's a though... if you havent already, pop over to Nvidia's web site and get the Det3 drivers. i have a TNT2 in one of my machines, and the new drivers fix a whack of problems.

oh, and btw, no slowdowns at all on my machine. :smile:

AMD K6-2 500mhz
    320mb PC100
    TNT2 32mb
    SB Live!Value
    WinME (installed on a Maxtor 30gb 7200rpm ATA33 w/ 500mb free)

Arcanum's installed on a Maxtor 20gb 7200rpm ATA33 drive w/ 200mb free.

:smile:

Our Host!