About Magicks

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by FluffyLittleRabbit, Dec 20, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Is Phantasm and Temporal worth 10 CP? I've got Temporal already. Dont use it much, but tempted to get it after hearing people saying it is "rigged", "unbalanced" and "awesome". I use Magelock sometimes, but I dont use the other Temporal spells. I always go harm all the way on enemy so is Temporal really useful? Phantasm good? Invisibility lets you scouts areas with monsters unmolested right? Can you stand beside a monster undetected? Ok thats all.

2. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

Don't know about Phantasm, I never use it. But in my latest game I went all the way for Temporal. Statis will get you to kill your enemies with such ease it's almost cheating (maybe there are some creatures who can resist it, but I haven't met them yet). Tempus Fugit is also very handy if you are up against a larger group of enemies; in combination with jolt it can be desastrous for them. And of course, for the low level mages the 2nd one is handy as most opponents will end up having only one attack against you.

3. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

hasten is one of (if not the) my favorite spells as it lets you double your movement points in battles so you can do so much more during your turn

4. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

As for Phantasm, Flash is a most useful spell. And invisibility rocks. The rest are pretty useless. Especially Phantasmal Fiend.

Yes, you can stand right next to a monster undetected. Get the amulet of N'Tala and your heal rate can be 6, allowing you to remain invisible as long as you want, provided you don't advance time any.

5. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

How DARE anyone insult phantasmal fiend!!
    Havn't any of you PEONS realised that phantasmal fiend summons a MAJOR demon which even though it doesn't fight as well as a major demon it is AS powerful as a hellgate spell! And to top it off enemies attack it and only IT!!! So actually you get the hellgate spell and a little extra FOOOOLS!!!!!!!!!

6. Lycander

Lycander New Member

Our Host!