Maybe it's a little early, But what would you want in the se

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jinxed, Dec 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mael

Mael New Member

just wanna say
    welcome to the furom carlstar

2. carlstar

carlstar New Member

this is not like spmming at all

thanks there umm... mael i think.

just remember that i am often right and should reach god hood in about 3-5 years.
    i shall be a vengful god too that cant spell very well.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, if you are going to reach godhood in 3-4 years, then this world is really going down the shitter :smile:...

4. carlstar

carlstar New Member

i never said it would be a good thing. just a new thing

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

A Good Thingâ„¢ would be me becoming the ruler of the world (not a god though), with ultimate power, and all justice, resting in my hands. Then people would see what would happen to the scum of the world.

Unless a miracle happens though, that'll never happen. So I don't think that you're godhood will happen either :wink:.

6. carlstar

carlstar New Member

heathen assie

BLASPHEME.
    may i smite you when i get the power to do so. though i will no doubt forget and just see whats on the tv.

whats this thread for anyway?

7. Zexaqaxez

Zexaqaxez New Member

Followers who don't bitch when you kill a good NPC who attacked you first. Situational ethics, dammit!

8. carlstar

carlstar New Member

like zex said

yes that is true. also when the good followers start bitchin about how you attack the ogre at stillwater... pisses me off some that did. dumb magnus and his beard and his make out parties.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

There's workarounds for those problems - mostly they involve switching to turn-based and not attacking on your first turn.

10. carlstar

carlstar New Member

true or just getting them to leave the party for a minute but that just dosent seem right.
    sometimes when you let the bad guy hit you first you die.

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Then you are too low a level in the game...

12. carlstar

carlstar New Member

what if you have taken a penalty to your heath (low con) and only wear a suit (thats what the true gentleman traveler wears). then youre often low on hit pionts.

13. Sonya

Sonya New Member

Arcanum 2? Really, why not? But I dont like the idea about prequel and Dragon Knights, its just isnt interesting for me. Sequel sounds much better.
    And I have nothing against the idea about magic trying to regain its importance & influence and battling technology.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If I ever get my mod made, there will be really cool magick/technology battles...

Anyone want to help out? I need people good with placing scenery and stuff like that in WorldEd...

Mail me if you are.

15. Zexaqaxez

Zexaqaxez New Member

I've got a good idea... fights where you can choose to just beat someone up rather than kill them (In D&D, this is known as "subdual damage") For example, I am a half-orc character in Stillwater. I have not put any character points into beauty, and I am presently not wearing my smoke jacket. I speak to the blacksmith, Richard Leeks, and decide that I will not tolerate his racist attitude toward my orcish heritage. But I don't want to KILL the guy! Perhaps we could just get into a "brawl"... that is more realistic anyway. This would be especially cool in the bars and pubs.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That's what I did like in FO2 - when fighting Hoss in NCR, you could stop the fight after you'd done enough damage to him. That sounds like a good idea, but would be pretty hard to implement.

17. anachronox2

anachronox2 New Member

Prequels are an awful idea. Evidence: Enterprise, Star Wars: the Phantom Menace, and Fallout: Tactics.

How about no level cap, easier to find tech items, a better script editor, a better map editor, and special random encounters (like in Fallout 2)? That would kick ass.

And how about just one or two gay people? (heh heh... Modoc in Fallout 2... heh heh...) By which I mean other than females (*cough* Briggite *cough*). Oh yeah, and dwarven women, some more ethnically diverse character models, and kids? yess that will do nicely...

and I'd also like to see some more of this cool tech stuff.. just imagine, every sequel brings with it a few changed magickal spells and almost entirely new tech trees... what would be next? World War 1 - era tech? Sweet! Or, I know... you get to pick the era you want to play, and the tech and certain attributes of the cities and characters would change, notably their spoken language, dress, and anything thecnological. I like the idea of having certain skills become less useful depending on the date and the ability to acquire new ones ... like maybe the sequel could take several years to beat in game time (like Fallout 2), and choosing your tech skills wisely could lead to exciting new skills or to less exciting ones, depending on how powerful they were (like, a healing powder at 1st level that heals 30 points of damage and you can easily mix would lead to only slightly more powerful items, ie powders that heal 40 points at 5th level, but a powder that heals only 5 at first could lead to one that heals 150 at 10th). Because the second powder is more experimental, it's less useful at first but has the potential to develop entire trees of knowledge. It'd make the game incredibly immersive to go away from a town, return 5 years later, and discover that the town blacksmith has been replaced with a gunsmith and the local alchemist has been driven to the woods, his shop replaced with an auction house or something. The decisions the player makes in the world would directly affect not only the other characters, but would also affect the appearance of cities and even the countryside, if it was a drastic enough change.
    For example, your tech character discovers a way to harness tree magick as an energy source somehow. Wandering around the countryside, he could encounter areas where overuse of his invention had caused damage to the country... and maybe even result in a quest. This kind of player-responsive game would make Arcanum 2 truly infinitely replayable - it'd be literally impossible to achieve all the quests!
    I'd also really like to see establishing shots or mini-animations of the cities (like Tarant could have a quick flyby of the industrial quarter with Bates' mansion rising in the background, while Stillwater would have a glance at the Stillwater Giant monument and a quick foray down a path to the blacksmith's hut), and some voice acting or even talking heads, like in Fallout 2.
    The down side: this would probably take up several disks. Hey, I'm not complaining...

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I must admit, you do have some good ideas - more and better tech is a yes. Ethnically diverse I originally mistook for ethically diverse characters - both of which I again, agree to. I want more tough ethical and moral decisions dammit!

However, some of the other stuff you talk about is extremely hard to do - how long do you want to wait for truly interactive environments? 10 years? 15? Admittedly, yes, I want that as well, but...Also, the game does take several years to complete - check your log book.

19. anachronox2

anachronox2 New Member

well, my mage character beat it in about a year of game time. In fallout 2, all that travel moved about twice as fast for half as far, making it take me about 10 years.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm prepared to be that you teleported everywhere...

Our Host!