Funniest Arcanum Gaming Moments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -=Thrasher=-, Dec 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. -=Thrasher=-

-=Thrasher=- New Member

Just post your funniest arcanum gaming moments here.
    Heres one of mine.

My level 3 Elf walks out into the wilderness alone after killing Virgil. Two orcs appear and want 200 gold. I say no, they charge at me wielding two massive axes at level 18 both swing them at me and get the most unlucky critical miss ive ever seen killing themselves. I shurg pick up their stuff and walk off.

(Yeah I know that wasnt that funny, anyone else got better?)

2. Zexaqaxez

Zexaqaxez New Member

Yes... Virgil got lit on fire! I was in Shrouded Hills, Virgil ends up right at where the fire is by Gurloes' smithy, I see Armor damaged, armor damaged, armor damaged, armor broken... and I hear all those "healing noises" of Virgil healing his injuries, and he ends up naked (I've already posted this, by the way!)

3. -=Thrasher=-

-=Thrasher=- New Member

lol

anyone else?

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yep...wandering the wilderness, I was stopped for a random encounter. A mountain lion appeared, did it's roar, and ran straight for my party...and went straight through the middle, missing all of us, never to be seen again. We went on our way, happy that one of God's creatures did not have to suffer for obeying it's instincts...

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I was near torgs altar when a massive bear attacked me, well, it was supposed to be easy since Sogg, Magnus virgil had pyroaxes (virgil chrarged word) Sogg took a swing, and exploded into pieces, Magnus took a swing, lost his weapon, got killed. Virgil laid himself out healing spells. It was just me + my fancy pistol + the bear, it's easy to do the math don't you think so?

6. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

Okay...

I killed magnus outside P. Schuyler & Sons in Tarant, and stole his (amulet?), whatever it is he has with the markings. I then did my other business in Tarant and headed out towards the Elven Burial Ground.
    About 5 seconds walk on the world map from Tarant, I was stopped by nothing, which then proceded to speak in Magnus' voice and demand his thingy back!

7. Mael

Mael New Member

this was in tarant, in the warehouse where the skulls are kept..
    being low level at that time i pick the lock and immediately run away, then the wererat run came out and began butchering, it killed 2 dock workers and a guard before finally going down

8. anachronox2

anachronox2 New Member

heh heh

just remembering the naked halfling quest. Damn was that amusing for no reason.

My story? uh... I haven't actually played the game yet, just watched my friend do it.

9. villageidiot

villageidiot New Member

Ashbury Cemetary: Virgil chases a lone zombie around the stretch of the cemetary as I turn invisible and spectate the event. Virgil chases the zombie until he runs out of fatigue and passes out. Zombie stomps Virgil to death. This was around a 10 minute chase and another 5 minute stomp fest for the zombie.

10. carlstar

carlstar New Member

in shouded hills. rep was already about, well crap. reactions for people were about 5-10. -8 for sogg. i had to kill him.
    but while in a shop being told to go away your not welcome i noticed a rabbit running rather fast and straight for me. i ran from the rabbit as i knew people would look harshly upon me if i killed it. unfortunatly i ran into hoard of chickens. the gun fight was intense. i got away with that but now farm animals attack me on sight.
    im a freakin vegetarian and it effects my fragile mind.

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Then why are you posting on this forum? To "replicate" al's spamming techniques? To piss us all off? Or to waste your time while pissing us off? Or some other obscure reason...

12. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Okay my funniest experience is when I was fighting a gnome I collasped(ran out of fatigue) and after a while the gnome fell dead(for no reason. no one was attacking him).

13. carlstar

carlstar New Member

the critical miss. i did the same thing with farkis. we both went down -blue. i got up first kicked him and missed and went down again. farkis got up and killed me.

14. HED854

HED854 New Member

Well, my "funniest gaming moment" isn't that funny (rather stupid in fact).
    OK, i was with my beaten-with-an-ugly-stick-half-elf, in the panarii temple at caladon, wearing this special "robe" they ask for before entering the tomb.
    First, the guards don't let me enter. I cast Charm on them, and proceed to talk again. This time they let me enter in the tomb. But when i come back from the stairs, the door was closed :smile: (charm was still on, i wonder why these @#%!§ closed n locked the door.....).
    I had to shred the door in pieces, (and the guards, of course), lowering my good alignement to 98 :sad:

15. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

this is what happened... when i was in tarant, few tarant guard killed sogg, magus, and virgil. but he lost trace of me, so i ran away fast as i could outta tarant. when i was on my way to stillwater, i met arrnox (which is kerghan in fact). i killed him becuz he could't move. then a heard magus' voice about give him ring back. but i did't see him (he's dead long time ago). when i'm near stillwater, i met stillwater-giant-the-blue-rabbit. when i'm attacking it, sogg said 'STOP HARMING THESE GOOD CREATURES'. then i was finally in stillwater, i pick up a book left by Joachim. i left it open like 2 minutes, virgil's voice started. when i finally finishes his dialog - sogg, magus, and virgil are BACK at my party. WHAT THE HECK?!??! IT'S AMAZING!!! but magus and sogg's reaction lower towered me becuz i killed good aligmented creature & take magus' amulet.

16. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

The whole time I spent playing a total idiot half-ogre. Took the "ran away with circus" background for an Einsteinian intelligence of 1. Ran all the way through the Black Mountain and Melee master quest. Everyone should try the idiot character at least once for a few hours minimum. Favorite dialogue was asking Voighihal(Virgil) what to do next "(Virgil Flabbergasted) I have no idea what you just called me..." Dealing with Bates was fun too. But my personal favorite was the dialogue when Lady Druella tries to get you to kill Garrick, "I was going to kill him anyway. I guess I can do it for you too lady."

Funniest and stupidest was my first experience with the Pyrotechnic Axe. Being the bright inventor I am I whip up one for me and one for Magnus and head back to the sewers of Tarant where we've recently suffered badly at the hands of the ghouls. We proceed til we sight ghouls and Magnus charges and drops the first one in one blow. That looks easy I think, so I charge forward and promptly decapitate myself.

17. Nugget of Joy

Nugget of Joy New Member

Funniest Arcanum moments

I was playing with an elephant gun as a dwarf technologist in the Tarant sewers, and came upon some ghoulies. Being the nice guy that I am, I proceeded to (attempt) to rid the world of the foul beastses, and took a shot. Well, my arm and head fell off and i collapsed with an "Oooaaahg." The text above me read: Critical miss, armor damaged, weapon damaged, scarred, crippled, blinded. I was laughing so hard. Another time, I was in Vendigroth, at Velorian's alter, and I had just gotten his blessing. I think, "Hey, wait a minute! Maybe i can get all my followers the blessing, too!" So I order them all to walk onto Velorian's alter. And, wouldn't you know it, they all died. Yup, even the automaton. :smile:

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, resurrecting them apparently gives them the blessing as well...

19. anachronox2

anachronox2 New Member

well no, because I found the naked halfling quest amusing.

Another funny moment: in the quest involving a demon and Caladon, I found my way to a cave that held the only weapon that could effectively kill the demon. Standing outside it were 4 adventurers that reminded me so much of my old D&D buddies that I almost gagged laughing. It's well worth the whole quest just to get to talk to those four.

20. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

when i came to caladon to take Virgil back to my group i went down to the "sobbing onion" and immidiatly started the battle(cause i already knew that those guys are going to kill virgil).
    i entered to the room where they kept him(he was still alive)and killed them all.
    after i killed them i tried to speak to virgil but all he said was "please dont hurt me".
    so i had to kill him and resurect him...

Our Host!