Hi im new, oh and could you help me.......

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by -=Thrasher=-, Dec 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. -=Thrasher=-

-=Thrasher=- New Member

Hi im new to the boards. Ive been reading some of the posts and this seems like a cool Forum. So Greetings all, now onto the help.

-------------------------------

Ive just been set the quest from Gilbert bates to find out what happend to the black mountain (one of the two) Clan. However seeing as im an Elf with a broad sword the Rock Golems keep breaking my sword and before long im overwhelmed.

Any advice would be nice?

(P.S My Char is lv18 with basic robes and a quality broad sword, my only follower is Virgil, he's is equipped with Plate Mail a Kite Shield and a quality sword, if any of this helps.)

"That which dust not kill thee will make thee wish it had!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -=Thrasher=- on 2001-12-10 13:30 ]</font>

2. Bastard

Bastard New Member

get disintegrate. Or machine gun harms.

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:
    This post will no doubt be moved to the Tips board, so post this kind of stuff there in the future. :smile:
    On to the help: with just Virgil the Dumbass this is gonna be tough. My advice would be to go get Dog from Ashbury. He doesn't count as a follower and he kicks ass.
    Dealing with the Golems: get the Golem to chase you. Stay just ahead of him. Virgin will often fall behind the OG and attack him from behind.
    Don't just charge the OG.

4. Milo

Milo New Member

There's alot of things you can do to beat Ore Golems, Thrasher. Welcome to the boards, btw.

If you have an extra CP to spend, learn the Molotov Cocktail schematic. It's the very first one in the Explosives discipline. Go digging through trashcans until you have about 20+ of them, and go at it. When they are loaded into a quick slot, they don't take any APs to use in combat. So, stock up, head out, and bombs away.

Alternately, you can load up on cheap weapons (because they will get destroyed), and just beat them to death. The easiest way to do this is to toggle between turn-based and real-time combat. Hammer away at it until you've used up almost all of your APs, then switch to real-time and run about a screen length away. Then switch back to turn-based and watch him use all his APs getting to you. Then just bash the shit out of him some more. Repeat until dead.

Love the screen-name, btw, Bastard.

5. -=Thrasher=-

-=Thrasher=- New Member

Thanks guys and I didnt see the Tips sections I'll post in there in futre.

----------------------------

I should of mentioned im not a mage or a techie ive gone for full close combat, so how do I get this dog?

6. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Check out the most recent threads I contributed to in Tips. It's all there. :smile:

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

*moved from general discussion* [​IMG]

[​IMG]<--- this is how I look when I see more threads to be moved

8. Shibo Ishi`ike

Shibo Ishi`ike New Member

Dog is located in Ausbury. I think he starts out around lvl 12. YOu have to bring Dog back to life by either a Spell, scroll or tech mixer.

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Actually, Shibo, you just need to go directly to the dog as soon as you enter Ashbury. You'll catch the dog-kicking-bastard before he kills Worthless Mutt, and no Res is required.

10. Glupii

Glupii New Member

Other possibilities

I noticed there are some weapons in the game that do not take damage from hitting things. I know that one of my games has Sogg and myself carrying some sort of enchanted blade (that is an additional +8 to damage) that does not seem to take any damage at all. On the Tech side, PyroAxe is incredible.

HOWEVER! At level 18, getting close enough to use these weapons on them is next to a death sentance anyway. So I always use a TON of Molotoves. (Even my magical caharacters always takes this skill) Usually takes 4 or 5 to kill a seething mass.

::puts on a green helmet and big red shoes::
    Of course you can always use the Pu38 Seething Mass and Golem Distintigrator like this one I brought from Mars! Isn't that nice? Hmmmm?

Our Host!