Manual

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Arathorn, Dec 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arathorn

Arathorn New Member

IN Tarant if you go to the University of Tarant there's a dwarf in the back where you can buy manuals for 750 coins. However, I have not been able to use them.

Does anybody have a clue?

2. Mael

Mael New Member

just put it in your inventory when you combine some semanthic requiring a higher level in the fields
    for example the tesla gun
    if have are lower in eithier one of the fields you can increase it by buying those manuals its 1 manual multiply to your INT if you need 80 in eletricity and an INT of 10 youll need 8 manuals

3. Arathorn

Arathorn New Member

So if i am correct I can use the manuals as compensation for my lack of skill in a certain field when trying to combine two items using a learned schematic.

4. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

5. Glupii

Glupii New Member

DOH!!

::Slaps his head repeatedly and increasingly harder with each slap::

I have been killing myself over this issue of skillpoints to get the pyro axe and such and to get tesla guns and the like. I feel really stoooooopid. Now to find this dwarf.

::Hunches over and pulls out his hunting rifle::

Shhhh be vewy vewy kwiet. I'm huntin Dorfses. Hehehehe

6. Arathorn

Arathorn New Member

Well it worked for the Vendigroth gloves. That's for sure. took me 9 Smithy manuals..

Good thing: The manuals are not used up after, so if you have a lot of coins, just buy a whole bunch of every type..

7. Mael

Mael New Member

the only problem is the schemantic available in the given fields cant be found so if your planning to built, let say automatons you need both smithy and mech

8. Arathorn

Arathorn New Member

Will it work if I buy enough manuals for both fields of knowledge? Or do I have to develop at least one, say smithy..

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

You can buy all your knowledge, but those books are heavy, expensive, and you have to stash them somewhere (unless you really want to tote them around).
    Plus, you're not boosting your Tech Apptitude. That could be good or bad, depending on your Character.

10. Glupii

Glupii New Member

YOWCH!

I just blew through 20K getting the books I needed. And heavy! Whew! Fortunatly there is this nice chest I know of.......

11. Criton

Criton New Member

Heck, my first character was a Magical Half Ogre and I just bought as many books as needed to make the pyroaxe and gloves. It can be done. There are time in the game where you want to equipe your non-magical guys with special stuff. I think that this game, since I am playing a dwarf, I will allow Magnus to join, take his special gloves, and let him be. See how the game goes from there.

12. Arathorn

Arathorn New Member

If you take his gloves he's gonna tell you to give them back or he will attack you (tried that).

If you go in the sewer in fornt of the train station on Tarant, walk around and there a 2 thieves. I killed them and use the place to store the manuals...and any other stuff ill be needing later, such as mithril and dwarven ore.

13. Glupii

Glupii New Member

Magnus and his gloves.

Sometimes he does, complain, and sometimes he does not. I have had him in one game and took everything he had once I gave him better gloves and he never once said anything.

Another game I caught hell from him for taking the bracelet. Later on he started griping for me taking something and I was not even in his inventory. Go figure. I say take it and kill him. He is not worth the hassles anyway.

Our Host!