Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Finally I've managed to found some people to play D&D with. And the first session went perfect. So satisfying, so wow.

Good morning :)

PS: guess what character I've made....

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Well I'm going to maintain that it is still comparable to Flying Circus which aired earlier even though I've never watched it, and through that irreducible logic claim therefore that - compared to a man of culture such as myself - you watch derivate media.

My logical fallacies will beat your actual logic any day of the week by sheer volume and attrition.
    Tim Cain as a Neutral Good Dwarf Bard, while wearing a paper mask of his face.

On a related note I played Alice is Missing a few weeks back, I would recommend it for people looking for a lite roleplaying experience.

Good morning.

3. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I think it was a dystopian sci-fi game, and Barabbah's character is an ex helicopter pilot turned chemist, who roams the outback in search of trees.

Good morning.

4. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Nope to both. I decided to play as a barbarian halfling who loves dismembering enemies and make them cry like little girls. So far it's really fun :D

Good morning

5. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

At least it is better than they go saying something like: "hey.....It is just a flesh wound", right?

Good morning.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Was the autism levels always this high or something changed since the last time I frequented the House of Lords?

7. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ugh, the wrong Australian came back.

Good arvo.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

This thread has been going on for 11 years. Wow.

Good morning!

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have pairs of socks which are older than this thread.

Good morning.

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I am keeping well, thank you Jojobobo. These videos are the first I have seen of Mr. Cain and he is simply a joy to behold.

More than a decade ago I was bored at my girlfriend's house so I nabbed the nearest book and started reading it. With only the first few pages Adams drew me in to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with his humor. I didn't get beyond those first few pages and have not bothered to finish it since, but the book's opening left a positive enough impression on me. I'm sure the rest of the book is also good, but I suspect I have maximized the ROI of reading it, if only because my initial investment was so small.
    It was high school art class that ruined Monty Python for me more than two decades ago. Similar to your Hitchhiker's experience, underclassmen near me couldn't help themselves but to giggle "Ni" to each other throughout the class. That was my initial exposure to Monty Python and it soured me on the institution to the point that I have no interest in consuming it. I've seen some Python since and admire the prowess of Cleese in particular, but there is but one opportunity at a first impression and unfortunately for Monty Python, their ambassadors were pubescent imbeciles.

Jojobobo likes this.
  11. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

12. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Actually, I always thought that "The Knights Who Say 'Ni'" was one of the weakest jokes in all of Python. I'm not sure why it gained so much traction, other than that I guess it's easy to go around saying "Ni" a lot.

I think Life Of Brian is their peak. If you're ever curious about what they're about, and want to just watch one thing to find out and then never watch anything else, it should be Life Of Brian. But also, bear in mind it was made in 1979 - that's 44 years ago at this point, so expect some parts to feel a little dated.

Good morning.

13. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    The other day I was at my local mini-supermarket, and had to go to the staffed checkout because the items weren't scanning at the self checkout. The cashier, who also seems to be one of the managers, was a middle-aged man from the Indian subcontinent. While he was scanning my items, he said "Has something happened to your grandfather? I haven't seen him in here recently."

Now, both of my grandfathers have been dead for 20 years, and neither of them ever lived in that area, so I'm fairly certain that he had mistakenly thought that some old white man who may have a passing resemblance to me was somehow my relation.

Obviously I'd like to do the right thing. So am I now supposed to be offended and call him a racist and try to get him fired from his job?

Good morning.

14. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Didn't there use to be a rule in that obnoxious rule book about double posting?

15. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

No idea on what to do with this cashier. Have you tried changing place to buy groceries?

Anyway....

I've discovered the longest album ever made ( 310: ΩΣPx0(2^18×5^18)p*k*k*k by Bull Of Heaven ) is long 3.343 quindecillion years. And the decompressed file is big 405.2054474 quattuordecillion TB

This raises a lot of questions, first of all why do I must search for such impossible stuff to listen to?

Good morning.

16. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I bet it's not very good though.

Good morning.

17. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    You're right, officer. Manhandle me and put me cuffs...UwU...

Good morning wood.

18. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I believe this thread was exempted, as long as ~24 hours apart.

19. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    If that is true, it was without my knowledge or consent.

Good morning.

20. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hey guys, I just discovered a cool life hack. If you make hot chocolate, but skip the step where you heat up the milk... boom! Chocolate milk!

Let's just say, I had a good morning.

Our Host!