Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Never played a MOBA and do not care about it.

Good morning.....sort off.

PS: Did not Jojobobo left, because of the comments on his jokes or something?

2. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I thought it was because of a conversation he and I had where I defended Chris Avellone too hard.

I don't have many regrets in life, but inadvertently destroying this forum is definitely one of them. Sorry, chaps.

Good morning.

3. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Don't be too hard on yourself. Regrets can slowly corrode yourself irreparably.

Good morning.

4. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

Moba games. I can honestly say that now I run a business, have 2 kids and a wife I just don't have the time. You don't find yourself top of the European leaderboards without some serious neglect/bad parenting/unsatisfactory services.

Good morning.

5. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Get the kids playing it too, then you can bond with them over the shared experience of being called noobs who should delete the game.

Good morning.

6. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

7. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    It's when you play Goldeneye together.

Good morning.

8. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

My apologies.

It appears I have unwittingly broken a trend. I suppose I should read more extensivly, the thread I'm posting in before anymore on-the-spot responses.

My children wouldn't know their Goldeneye from their elbow. Besides, I fell out of love with the franchise when they had the audacity to kill off Sean Bean. Who does that for fuck sake?

Good morning.

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yes, we require nothing less than reading the entirety of this thread before newcomers are allowed to contribute.

This may go some way towards explaining the decline of the forum.

Anyway, another problem I have with Arena of Valor specifically is that the tone isn't consistent. One of the "heroes" available to you is a demon with a retractable hook for a hand who has consumed ten thousand souls and fights because he hungers for more. He can end up in a team alongside a cute schoolgirl who wants to use her healing magic to make new friends. It just doesn't fit together.

Mind you, they've now also added Superman, Batman, and the Joker as heroes, in some kind of promotional deal with DC. So I guess the idea of picking a single genre is now off the table. The demon/schoolgirl thing still feels jarring though.

Good morning.

10. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

You say we, who the fuck is actually still here on the regular? All the old names seem to be done. Have they moved onto different forums? Or perhaps on with life?

How is it that you, Smuel, the imposter, are now the main contributer? The mind boggles.

Good morning.

11. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    To be honest, the forum was already past its heyday before I joined. I never encountered Jarinor or Snowmane, for example. So maybe I'm not single handedly responsible for everything bad that ever happened.

On the other hand, maybe I am.

Good morning.

12. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

Please don't think I was trying to imply that you are or your not. I was actually referencing a time where some individuals suspected that you were infact, HWLFP's longest running and only successful disguise.

That would be a bizarre twist of fate. How does it feel being practically the last man on earth? Have you started talking to volleyballs yet?

Good morning.

13. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yeah, if my revenge for having had Wolfsbane et al calling for my banning on a daily basis is that I outlived everyone else on the forum, well, actually, I'd prefer just to have my friends back.

Don't tell them that I considered them my friends though. It makes me seem sad.

Good morning.

Jungle Japes likes this.
  14. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

15. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

Friends are overrated. I think I have only ever had two friends.
    Having said that, I'll be your friend should you wish. Shall we exchange information in an agreeable manner?

16. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Is it just me or did (as you being new) just "casually" mention "You-Know-Who"?

17. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

Yes I wouldn't say I'm new, nor am I attempting to hide in plain sight.
    I assumed from my email address, moderators would know instantly, who this is.

I come back here every few years, not sure why. Certainly not to create any drama, I just find this little piece of history hard to forget. I suppose it reminds me of both better and worse times. And the alter says that... do you have any idea what all of this means?

I hope you all are healthy and enjoying life.

Good morning.

18. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I think the moderators have left, along with everyone else.

Wait, I mean... they're still monitoring everything closely! Don't try any of your tricks!

Yeah...

Good morning.

19. Virgils Staff

Virgils Staff New Member

Well whoever it is that has to confirm the registration of a new account. So someone still keeps a loose eye on the running of this vigil.

Good morning.

20. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Some day in the future I'm going to install a new web browser and forget to add this site to my New Tab screen. Then I'll be gone for good.

Well, at least until Arcanum 2 becomes a reality.

Good morning.

Our Host!