Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DrSlash

DrSlash New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already know about the Print Screen key and it also doesn't seem to work for me for some reason (I get screenshots of my desktop instead of the game). I also tried recording a video, but ended up running into a similar problem.
    I used to be able to save screenshots via the F12 key when I last played Arcanum a year ago, but it no longer appears to work. I'm sure it's nothing a fresh reinstall can't fix though, so I don't worry about it too much.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Member Supporter

Are you running Arcanum fullscreen or windowed?

DrSlash likes this.
  3. DrSlash

DrSlash New Member

Fullscreen.

EDIT: tried switching to windowed mode, and it fixed my problem with screenshots. Thanks for the idea! I'll be sure to add some screenshots to my original post.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  4. ConjurerDragon

Follower Vollinger has a PE of 12 at level 19.
    upload_2021-4-3_21-40-33.png

Despite that he insists on equipping Eye Glasses when he has them and no other headgear despite suffering from the -1 to PE
    upload_2021-4-3_21-43-28.png
    Souldn´t he refrain from wearing glasses if his PE is >8?

5. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Arcanum auto equipping is something of a mystery for every Arcanum player....

6. ConjurerDragon

The Schematics that create a Composite Longbow and then an Envenomed Composite Longbow first lower the range from 20 to 15 from the normal Longbow to the Composite Longbow and then raise it again for the Envenomed Composite Longbow - shouldn´t the range be the same for all of them? At least the flowery text description does not mention lowered range?

7. Lukan_the_witless

Lukan_the_witless Member

not having played arcanum in a few months. I've gone from windows 10, to windows 11, right now on the insider preview Build 22463.rs_prerelease.210917-1503. When I boot up with the latest and greatest 2.0.2 UAP installed. The screen goes black unless I am actively moving my mouse above a certain speed. tried playing a save file and same thing happens have to move my mouse to get get a picture. my G-sync is turned off as far as I can tell. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2.0.2 UAP and it persists. However the 1.0.7.4 official patch version does not have this issue.

8. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

I bet it is an issue with the DLLs.... But until this scam of windows 11 won't be released widely it's difficult Drog can do something about it :/

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I also am experiencing the issues with Windows 11. Is there a Windows 11 of DDraw available? My game flickers like crazy, rendering it essentially unplayable

10. DrSlash

DrSlash New Member

Just came across another report on this issue:
    discord.png

I know that Drog hasn't been active lately, so the chance of this getting fixed are very slim at this point, but maybe we could at least figure out what exactly causes this problem? Has anyone else on this forum run into this issue before? If so, did it occur on all of your playthroughs or were you ever able to complete the game without the glitch manifesting itself at any point? If it's the latter, can you think of anything that you did differently during that playthrough (e.g. were you running the game on different hardware/under a different OS/under an OS in a different language?)?

EDIT: Just completed my first evil playthrough and can confirm that, just as I suspected, this bug does not happen for evil characters (since Surly Virgil doesn't get killed & resurrected as part of his companion quest) and is definitely somehow tied to Virgil's resurrection in Caladon.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  11. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

12. Ravidel

Ravidel New Member

What does the WIP 6.0 do exactly?
    Btw, i guess im having the same problem as some of you: after installing the latest UAP (2.0.2) the game flickers like hell; im adding a few screenshots of the Arcanum folders, just to make sure there is nothing wrong there.
    Note that the last screen is the content of the first folder (arcanum-of-magick-obscura etc.)

Attached Files:

13. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

14. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Almost forgot: WIP 6.0 is a fan expansion to the game, adds tons of new content. A must for whoever wants something new ;)

Another fan expansion is CARcanum/Hard Arcanum but I hate it: no UAP as base, several new bugs, totally unbalanced. It had two reedemeing factors but both screwed up:
    - a car to fast travel in the maps (you can unlock it only when you obtain your own boat, which is very late in the game)
    - a conclusion to the conspirancy quest (I couldn't complete it because the guy I was supposed to talk to was in a coma. No kidding....)

15. Ravidel

Ravidel New Member

Thanks, will try the UAP fix when I get home.
    About the WIP, is there a changelog posted somewhere?

-edit- that fix didn't work, it's still flickering like hell, even if i go with a lower resolution.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  16. Ravidel

Ravidel New Member

Damn, i was able to get it in high res and no flicker.....then i uninstalled it for whatever reason and i dont remember what i did to get it right *facepalm*. Didnt double check everything but the orcs, ogres, etc. races were there, so i guess i did it right. Probably i changed the order of some mod....
    I think i went for:
    - download base game
    - download uap 2.0.2
    - download 1.0.7.4
    - install game
    - download high res (probably dont need this)
    - run as admin from arcanum launcher (from folder)
    ...and nothing else i think. I know it's a random order but i think it was like this. Probably i didnt even bother to set it to 1920x1280 res.
    Also, hq townmaps and hd music had some compatibility issues but thats not a big problem.

-edit- probably i was missing the UAP 2.0.2 file (the one with the launcher icon) but i dont get why i could select the bonus races then o_O

-edit 2- adding some screens, everything seems ok (even if the character selection background seems not). Dunno whats different in the files from the last try tbh.
    Oh, and i have all the additional modules from the patch, it also says 2.0.2 in the bottom left corner so i guess the UAP was installed properly.
    Screenshot (23).png Screenshot (24).png Screenshot (25).png Screenshot (26).png Screenshot (20).png Screenshot (21).png Screenshot (22).png Screenshot (28).png Screenshot (29).png

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  17. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Here's the changelog:
    https://terra-arcanum.com/awip/forgottenplace.htm

Regarding your issue, why do you have a second installation of the game inside the main directory?
    My suggestion is to
    1) move the installer elsewhere
    2) uninstall everything and remove totally the installation folders (in case of savegames make a backup only for them)
    3) reinstall the game once
    4) install only the UAP (since the official patch is already included in digital releases) and all the desired extras of the UAP
    5) in case it doesn't work try the fix I've mentioned above and those command lines (if not already mentioned in the fix):
    -no3d -doublebuffer -scrolldist:0 -scrollfps:70

18. Ravidel

Ravidel New Member

Thanks, the game's actually working fine, except for the weird background when selecting the character.
    About the patch, you mean I don't have to install the 1.0.7.4?
    Plus...is during the UAP installation the only way I have to modify stuff like level cap 100, followers auto-training, etc.?
    Dunno about those files btw, I'm quite a noob when it comes to PC stuff so I probably messed something up

19. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Yes, the official 1.0.7.4 patch it's already included in all digital releases
    And yes, the UAP installation process is the only moment when you can choose which of these extras to install.
    I wish you a good experience with this game ;) have fun!

Our Host!