New mini fix

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by dukfinx, Sep 10, 2021.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. dukfinx

dukfinx New Member

Hi guys,
    Due to Covid 19 distancing. I stay at home whole day and decide to get back to Arcanum.
    And you know, Arcanum is the type of game that the more you play the more bugs you found.

I found bugs with Virgil (again?), Heindrich Jenks (crash) and misbehaviour of clockworks
    So again I try to fix them myself (actually above is problems that I find need to fix and can be fix by me, others I ignore).
    They cost me 3 days straight just to come up with very few files, because I dont really understand how things work and need to learn a lot so please dont be harsh. I beg you. JK, critics are welcome, may be ignore, though:)
    So, to the main point, what I've done:
    • Having Min Gorad note in inventory triger Virgil's leaves but he will stuck at Tsen Ang and keep saying Im sorry. Now Virgil's leave only trigger after you actually know the info (by talking to Min Gorad or reading the note), Virgil now should teleport to Caladon correctly after leaving PC at Tsen Ang.
    • If a spell is on Virgil when he leaves, its effects will remain on him when appear at Caladon, I add a workaround for it. I encourage people try this glitch, want to know if other have it, how it happen and how to properly fix it.
    • Heindrich Jenks' dialog with female have a wrong line that cause crash, strangly not with male. Anyway I point it to the correct one.
    • Clockwork decoy and Explosive decoy have reaction to PC = 0 and follower attack them on sight. I believe this one is not intended so I change the script, now only monster attack them (some city half orge may attack as well, though, but this is beyond my ability).
    I am amazed that I can write that much about such little things, but still read the read me file and here is my thanks:
    Drog and his UAP
    Multiverese team. Learned some trick from their scr.
    https://arcanum.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Game_Files
    https://terra-arcanum.com/amtut/resources/worlded_manual.htm
    And other moders and players of Arcanum for information.

Feel free to modify and use my fix for your own mod with credit, ofcourse.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  2. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Try to contact Drog on Discord or RPG Codex, maybe he'll add these fixes on his next patch ;)

Our Host!