Needing Help on How to Extract Sound Files.

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by GodTripredacus, May 10, 2021.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GodTripredacus

GodTripredacus New Member

This is my first post here, so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.
    Note: I not a native speaker, so forgive me for any gramatical mistakes.

Not a long time ago, I decided myself that I would change one part of the Arcanum wiki that always bother me, that being the part that mentioned all the endings, along with all the slides, narration and conditions. I changed a large part of it, but I still think I can make it better, in this case I decided to put the sound files of the narrations along with the text, like the Fallout wiki does.
    I decided to look on how to unpack the Arcanum.dat files, and I did with the unDAT_MatuX_TMS, but I cannot find these sound files contaning the narrations of the end slides. Searching a little I saw a lot of .scr files contaning the names of some events that happen in the game, like when Virgil in ressurected and encounters Joachim, so I believe the sound files I search are in these .scr files, but I cannot open these files.

So, are these files I search inside these .src files, or they are in other places? And if so, where?

2. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Have you cheched all the archive files (both .dat and .patch, both in the main directory and the subfolders)?

3. GodTripredacus

I did not check EVERY .dai in the main directory, since some are additions of the UAP mod, but the main ones (like Arcanum 1, 2 3 etc) were all checked. Though, I think its worth check in?
    Also, I did not think about the .patch files in the module folder (since there is none in the main directory folder). Also there are other .dat files I did not see, so yeah, gotta take a look in these files and see if I find anything.

Many thanks!

4. GodTripredacus

I found it all the files I was looking. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

5. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Our Host!