Getting Stingy Pete to spawn early like pre 1.7.0.4?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Oracle, Jan 2, 2021.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

Heyy all,
    Its been a while.

for my own sandbox kind of playstyle, I would like to be able to spawn Pete like pre patch. Prob not the best idea, but i still would like to be able to do such anyways. I recall Drog fixing flag regarding this, but does anyone know how to "unfix" it?

Hope someone can help out! happy 2021 TA good to see it still "alive"

2. Oracle

Oracle Member

"-Stringy Pete will no longer appear until either you take a look at Salty Seadrick's map or Edward Teach tells you about him. (OFF flag was missing.)" -Drog

still didn't manage to unfix
    Apparently it was an easy edit by Drog but no one really around with much arcanum mod knowledge anymore it seem...
    I don't even have a clue which file to look at
    anyone has an idea?

{2479}{cmoore - 1 = The PC knows about the ghost ship of Stringy Pete and Stringy Pete can appear}

This is the script flag I guess but no clue were to edit it (and how but guess notepad does the trick)

3. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Even if you can manage to contact Drog (the ultimate expert of Arcanum) I really doubt he would like to help in this matter. Sorry :/

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

Yea was not going too try to ask him. I tried going through the forum to see if it contained relevant info regarding the topic, but unfortunately I failed finding anything usefull

5. Oracle

Oracle Member

any modder still lurking around that can help out. How how i get the feeling it shouldnt be to hard, finding the location on the flag, edit, save and done.
    but where to find the flag of pete spawning?

6. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

The off flag is set on the creature's "flag" tab in worlded, the script probably just removes the off flag if you have done the quest to make him appear.
    You coud use Arcanum Factory to extract the campaign in worlded, then browse the map to where stringy pete is, righ-click him and remove the off flag, then save OR just use the "capture mob files from worlded" in AF to copy the .mob file for stringy pete. The .mob file is the only one needed, saving in worlded sometimes modifies more than what's necessary but the result is the same.
    Another way to do it would be to modify the script, it should say something like "if condition then action" just remove the off flag in both cases (wether the condition is met or not)

7. Oracle

Oracle Member

thanks! editing the flag worked perfectly :)

Our Host!