Jormund -20 reaction

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by 13oojum, Jan 19, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. 13oojum

13oojum New Member

Hi, all. So, I'm not sure what occurred. All of a sudden Jormund had 0 reaction to me (w/smoking jacket, which when I take off is -20). I was, I believe, under the first Panarii temple. He had a tesla rod equipped (I notice they veer off and hit allies occasionally). There was no indicator that he'd turned hostile, as he's still in my party & (unless I ask him to wait) seems happy to STAY in my party. SO, I accidentally saved over it... This had happened once before and I caught it, but alas. Second of all, he appears to have gone up to 4 (or -16) dislike (somehow), but every time I critically fail he hates me again (wtf?). So here are my questions: #1. Is there a reason for this bug? #2. How do I manually fix this (in-game or w/hax, it don't matter)? #3. How do I avoid it in the future. Thankx.

2. 13oojum

13oojum New Member

So, I just used a fate point to improve his reaction to me (which skyrocketed to like 120 or something). But I'm still curious what set this off, if anyone knows?

3. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Maybe because you gave him tech equipment despite his magical aptitude? Just doing random guessings....

4. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Good companions will think less of you when attacking a good target. Occasionally, this can stack - especially if you assault someone without them striking back, e.g. multiple hits in the first turn or when they're in flight. With unvoiced characters this can be easily missed, unlike annoying voiced characters like Magnus.

"I can't BELIEEEVE you'd attack such a DEEECEEENT...."

5. 13oojum

13oojum New Member

I know all about the NORMAL ways negative reactions can stack and as a matter of fact I have Magnus in my party (who helps enormously calling these things out, like with the demon L'anamelach). However, neither Magnus, Thorvald or Dog are getting hit with these negative reactions. Just Jormund. I really think it's a bug of some kind. A few questions: #1. Do certain characters have UNIQUE reaction triggers maybe? Is that a thing? #2. Maybe I shot him? Then why no one else? With three points in Firearms and Expert status I'm still (literally...) blowing my own head off. #3. Can giving tech equipment to a magickally adept character lower there reaction to you? Is this confirmed?

6. Pergor

Pergor New Member

Sincerely hoping 1 month apart isn't counted as necroposting (yet) but isn't Jormund a mage, with (somewhat) higher magic aptitude? Though I never took him with me so I don't know how high, BUT! If you give a character with magic aptitude a weapon with tech aptitude - such as Tesla Rod which is a very high tech weapon, they'll get enormous increase in critical failures, and as such will hit themselves over the head rather frequently instead of other targets.
    And they won't be happy about that, so that's probably why his reaction has been dropping.

Our Host!