DatBuilder refuses to extract the selected files

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by RonStrowd, Jan 12, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RonStrowd

RonStrowd New Member

I tell the program to, "Extract these files that I just left-clicked at this folder that I selected(=double clicked). I un-checked 'Extract files with pathnames' option, so you are NOT authorized to do so."

And then DatBuilder goes, "Although I am but a computer program, I will not follow your order, and will not extract these files that you told me to. The machines will rise, and you humans will fall."

Yes. Quite literally. Because otherwise I can't possibly explain why does it refuse to extract the file.

No one seems to be having this issue aside from me, as I couldn't find any reference about it.

Do note that this is one of those 'only sometimes happen' kind of issue; where it happens randomly. Sometimes it extracts the files in a way I told it to do, other times it doesn't, which makes me to believe this program does have some sort of self-awareness and will refuse to follow the human's order when it doesn't feel like it.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

3. RonStrowd

RonStrowd New Member

So this issue is indeed a thing that not only happened to me, but for anyone else who used DatBuilder.

Does the guy who made this aware of this?

4. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Well, I had similar problems ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ anyway, have you tried the one from the link I posted?

5. RonStrowd

RonStrowd New Member

I did. That tool indeed looks handy. Although it's a pain that I can't size up the program screen.

But what I was about to do was extracting EXACTLY ONE specific file from Arcanum.dat, which DatBuilder has been refusing to do so. And this Arcanum Factory doesn't seem have such function to extract only one file, but instead it can only extract all the necessary files for WorldEditor to run it, so... yeah.

The amount of files it tried to extract are less than a whole file packed into Arcanum.dat, so the extracting time was shorter than just extracting all files with DatBuilder. (DatBuilder doesn't mind at all extracting all files btw)

Oh well. You know what they say; the ends justify the mean.

6. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

I think Barabbah was referring to DatBuilder included in Arcanum Factory (menu tools->DatBuilder) I've had the exact same problem and this version doesn't seem to do it. But I'm also consdering making one in the next update.

Barabbah likes this.
Our Host!