Site suggestions

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by nollidj, May 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. nollidj

nollidj New Member

In NS 4.77 for Linux, the fonts on the main page (and, as a matter of fact, throughout the site) are really SMALL and HARD TO READ. Is it possible to change the default settings to make them bigger?

An update of the imagemap/menu setup would be nice. That way we could access the things we use the most quickly.

Over a 56k the main page takes a while to load all the ads (the adservers are really bad about it, too) and the backed-up news. Maybe not put so many announcements, only put the announcements for that day (plus a link to all the recent news) or maybe use cookies to save user settings on how much news a given user wants displayed?

2. Calis

Calis Member

Monkeypunch'll have to get back to you on that one.

We're working on that, we'll have a brand new menu soon.

Newspublisher doesn't have cookie functionality (in fact, it dumps all the news into a text include... no on-demand generating of the news page), but I could easily change the amount of news displayed on the main page. I'll look into it. As for the ad servers being slow, I noticed that too, lately. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about that. :/

3. dormouse

dormouse New Member

i would suggest overworking the collapsible lists for your tech-items-page. As far as i can see the only browser that can handle them is ie > 4.

The nlist.js at http://devedge.netscape.com/evangelism/ ... ibleLists/
    might give you some hints how it can be done cross-browser ( ie at least for ns > 4 and ie > 4.

YT dormouse

4. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Most browsers contain the allowance to change the site font size, but thats most, you'll have to check yours

5. Calis

Calis Member

Not when you define exact (pixel) font sizes with CSS. Which we happen to do.

Our Host!