Arcanum 50 patch, undat and wmap_rnd.mes

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Narrychen, Aug 12, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Narrychen

Narrychen New Member

Hi fellow Arcanum freaks!

So... I decided to raise the level cap with this tool called Arcanum 50 patch.
    I ran it, and it seemed to work fine.

But... I read that I should edit both xp_level.mes and wmap_rnd.mes to get full benefits from the raised level cap. No prob with xp_level.mes... the A50 patch zip file included an example, which I edited and copied to Arcanum/data/rules/

Wmap_rnd.mes has been much more problematic. I couldn't find that file in my Arcanum folder, so I downloaded DBMaker for undatting the .dat files. I undatted all of the arcanumX.dat (X is a number between 1 and 6) files and finally found it under the output files. But now I'm confused... which lines should I edit and how? I suppose it's the MaxLevel attribute, but there doesn't seem to be too many monsters to whom that is set to 50 in the first place?!? Only bandits and Malochian hand?

And no, I don't have a savefile to check... I wanted to do all of this modding before starting a new game. I lost my previous installation as I had to reinstall Win7. And yes, I run Arcanum 1.074 with UAP.

2. Narrychen

Narrychen New Member

Our Host!