Where's the post about basic installation of patches?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Howard Stern, Oct 11, 2016.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

It was always stuck at the top of the forum posts. Also had Drog's instructions for fan made patch instruction. Long time fan back after many years sorry I'm a little rusty.

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

People seem to say through googling that the UAP followed by widescreen and high res maps seems to be a way to go. Not sure where the sticky ran off to about the topic. As Drog made all the patches, I'd wager to say there's probably an installation order in their readme files too.

3. MeowsePad

MeowsePad Member

I'm not sure if this has already been solved, but this is the order in which you should install them:

1. 1.0.7.4 (if necessary)
    2. UAP
    3. High-resolution (this makes changes to Arcanum.exe, and installing the UAP after it would undo the changes)
    4. Everything else (level cap remover, etc.)

After you install the UAP and high-resolution patch, though, be sure not to copy over your Arcanum.exe file for any reason. That would remove a lot of things that those patches add. if you want to use the level 127 patch, you can use the universal level cap remover. That modifies the Arcanum.exe file rather than copying over it.

Our Host!