Lore of Arcanum?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Lealo, Feb 12, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lealo

Lealo New Member

Hello Arcanum lovers

I have a spare interest in writing and I am currentry writing on a book inspired by Arcanum. I do not wish to copy the plot - but wish to remain in the theme and world of Arcanum. I have some very blunt questions that might cause some discussion - but that I would like to hear all of your thoughts about.

First off: Do Gnomes have sex with humans? (Why is there no halfgnomes (or half - halfvlings for that matter?)).

Second: Do orcs find humans more attractive? If so, why is that, if so?

Third: Dwarfs only consists of males in Arcanum, why is that? I have heard it had to with minimum time when creating sprites/graphics, and that they therefore ignored female dwarfs. Unless male dwarfs are Hermaphrodite - how and what is is the status of the female dwarfs in Arcanum? Argue for your case.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Book you say? Sounds awfully like its going to be some kind of erotic fan fic.

1. Since anyone can go to the brothel in Tarant, yes gnomes can have sex with humans. On interbreeding the manual states:
    2. From the game manual:
    3. Female dwarves exist, again from the game manual:

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

If there's one thing you can count on, it's Vorak finding information on inter-species breeding habits.

4. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Was I the only one who enjoyed reading that manual? I seem to remember that DE made the banana bread listed in the back.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You remember that correctly. I've also made the chocolate chip cookies in the ToEE manual - they are class. Have yet to make the Fallout mushroom clouds though.

7. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Our Host!