Arcanum: A Post-Nuclear Roleplaying game

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by j4netsky, Nov 15, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. j4netsky

j4netsky New Member

Hi there. I'm new to the forum, but definately not new to Arcanum. Been reading the forum every once in a while.

For the past 5 days I've been playing Fallout 4 non-stop, but still one question remains unanswered: when will it be Arcanum's turn? Every now and then I've toyed with an idea for an arcanum sequel. What if the great war happened in the land of Arcanum? Maybe Gilbert Bates or Cedric Appleby had something to do with it. Maybe nuclear fission was the latest and greatest invention which ultimately led to the destruction of everything. Or was it some kind of abomination of magic and technology combined? In the post-apocalyptic Arcanum the only the ruins of the former glory remains. Very little is know of the former days. Dwarves have become a legend, because they found a shelter in the mountains, and are living in total isolation. The elves of course are the only ones who have knowledge of the world prior to the disaster. Maybe elves became mutated like ghouls in fallout...

I hope that someone some day buys the Arcanum ip. If it would be Obsidian, that would be even better! Tim Cain is my hero!

2. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

I'm also playing with sequel ideas every now and then. Since it's been nearly fifteen years since the release of Arcanum, and considering that the game is not at all well-known (compared to what Fallout was before its 3D sequels), it is very unlikely that any sort of official sequel might be made. One can always hope, but I doubt there will be anything more.

I have knowledge in 3D modelling and game development, and have already made a handful of Arcanum items in 3D. If you've ever played Command & Conquer, you'll find that that series has several unofficial sequels made by hobbyists and indie game developers - such as Red Alert: A Path Beyond, or Renegade X. Those are both built up from scratch, and their developers make no money from these games, with the exception of optional donations from fans.

My point is that, Arcanum could also have an unofficial sequel made by willing developers. I'm working on the idea of making it, and have already made a very, very basic prototype of a game which could be something of a sequel to it. My idea is a 3D adventure game in a first-person/third-person viewpoint, based on the universe of Arcanum. Of course, these are just ideas, but I think it would be possible to make one.

Take a little peek here, and see what I've done. Adding these models to my currently standing little game project would be easy, and could be a great first step.
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/forums/index.php?threads/arcanum-models-in-3d.22970/

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Arcanum sequel should be an MMO made by Bethesda.

4. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

5. DivinePonies

DivinePonies Member

I'm just here to give people false hope that something new is happening in this subforum.

Also, give me back my avatar, it was that star wars guy with cyclops (from x-men) sunglasses. Think he was one of those black people.

Our Host!