Playing through Arcanum in co-op?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Yuki, Oct 8, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Now that stuff's progressed a bit since I asked last time, what's the best way to play through Arcanum's single player campaign with a friend, with saves?

2. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    1. Install Arcanum.
    2. Make a friend.
    3. Convince friend that a Dwarven Mage is the Shizzle.
    4. Also convince friend that Harm spamming is also the Shizzle.
    5. Watch over friends shoulder as they knock themselves out and get killed by the local fawna.
    6. Make new friend.
    7. GOTO 3.

3. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

haha yes okay

Anyone got recommendations for mods and stuff? I saw some Russian thingy called MatchMaker or somesuch and it looked pretty neat, but in Russian. No word on the saving either.

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I think Cypton's old hang out ArcanumAlive is your best bet, but as you're aware of MatchMaker on there I imagine you've already looked.

Clearly the best way to multiplay Arcanum is to connect via LAN, start Vormantown, then spend a few minutes buying equipment before bludgeoning each other to death. Guaranteed to a provide whole half hour of almost fun.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I stumbled upon this going through the GOG Arcanum forum for a different matter. There's no save though apparently though it looks like you can update the story state to accommodate - honestly I didn't read too much into it. Good luck.

6. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Directions unclear: Friend knocked me out and tried to feed me to local fauna.

7. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

Make that the local chicken in Shrouded Hills.

Seriously though, I did find this Russian clip on YouTube, showing some multiplayer gameplay in the BMC mines.

Personally I think that it would be a blast if we could manage to gather a couple of dedicated Arcanum players from Terra-Arcanum and the Codex and play through the entire campaign.
    Seriously, if the game can be saved, we could play online with each other during the weekends or something.

8. FactualInsanity

FactualInsanity New Member

The ArcanumM4 mod listed in the video has an english version, although it's listed as a pre-release beta. I won't say I'm available to play it with people (university, wife, baby, life, etc.), but as I'm interested in co-op multiplayer myself, I'm up to at least try it out, to see how well it works.

Our Host!