So do your followers use any of their skills? e.g. Pick lock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khorlo, Sep 1, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Khorlo

Khorlo New Member

I see both Virgil and Magnus both have the skill but there doesn't seem to be anyway to get them to unlock anything.

Seems kinda lame for your followers to have pick locks, but you end up taking it yourself because they won't use the skill.

Khorlo

2. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

in the pre patch, each follower, to my knowlage, needed their own set of lock picks

in the patched version, only you need them

so just select use the lock picks, klick on a locked object, and if a follower is better then you, they will try instead of you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeypunch on 2001-09-01 15:56 ]</font>

3. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

However, lockpicks will make Virgil better at picking locks.

4. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

indeed they will SP

anyway what some people miss is that you need lockpicks to be able to pick locks

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

There are three sets of lock picks: the usual, auto skeleton, and the other that I still haven't found.

6. Khorlo

Khorlo New Member

Ah... okay

So I need 2 sets of lockpicks, one on me so I can attempt to unlock and another set on Virgil so he'll use them instead.

Thanks!

7. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

well in theory(in the post patch game)only you need them, but virgil will be better, and have a better chance to unlock a lock if he got something as well.

so get virgil the best lockpick you can find, and use for yourself the simple kind(if you don't have the skill)

8. Havokk

Havokk New Member

Of course even with the lockpicks Virgil is @%#$ing useless. I mean, has anyone ever seen him open anything? The only time I've ever seen it is after I edited his auto-level to put some more ranks in the Pick Locks skill.

I've also given up giving him bandages because all he does is use the bandages on Sogg and then waste fatigue trying to heal Magnus. Come on Virgil, save the flaming bandages for the tech-oriented characters.

And what does he do with those bandages? Smoke them? Sell them on the side? I gave him 4 sets of bandages (each 10 uses, IIRC). He used them *all* healing Sogg around 40 hit points.

No wonder they call him Virgil the Virgin. Why can't I get him laid (like I could with followers in Fallout 2)?

Why can't Virgil be like the others? "Magnus, make this" and he does. No mucking around. "Sogg hit that" and he does (and it generally dies - especially if Sogg and Chukka and Superdog all hit it at once!).

Cheers
    Havokk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havokk on 2001-11-30 03:23 ]</font>

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Relax there. Most skills are useless until you get at least expert status. When Virgil gets 5 Heal (he does by the way) and 5 lockpick (again, does that eventually), he is then much better at it. Relaaaax, good things come to those who wait or level their followers :smile:.

10. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

First, what the hell are all these freakin' TA staffers doing around here all of a sudden? Threatened layoffs? This is the first time I've seen you guys.
    And it's not Virgil the Virgin, it's Virgil the Dumbass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2001-11-30 04:31 ]</font>

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It's Virgil the Annoying Bastard. At least, he's annoying until you become evil :smile:. Then he becomes one real tough guy :smile:. Or at least tries to.

12. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I usually keep him around. A good substitute is either Raven or Perriman Smythe. In fact, the best party I ever had was Raven, Perriman, Magnus and Loghaire. Worked really well :smile:.

14. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Yeah, that's pretty much my party right now. But Virgil the Dumbass Annoying Bastard Virgin is along for the ride. If Virgil turns into a wall again, I'm leaving without him. I'm wearing the Jewel of Hebe to boost my CH just enough to have as many followers as I do.

15. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

haha look at the date on monkeypunches post.
    and that answers you question on what are they doing here, since they are not here :lol:

16. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Doh! Uh, hey Jinxed, what up? I was just talking to my imaginary friends...

Our Host!