A new french module

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Nataku, Sep 6, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Nataku

Nataku Member

There is an herbalist in the 666th circle, which sell stimulants. And I gave in your room several magic mana potions, stimulants, Morgan tear, ...
    One difficult of the mod is that, opposite of Arcanum, the resources are limited and have to be well-managed.

All bosses are immune to disintegrate. What a nice coincidence ^^

Errr... Actually, there are very, very, veryyyyyyyyyyyy long.
    For an example, the longest is 2,8 times as the longest of Arcanum (Raven, with 1431 lines).
    I guess Google translate could do a good work. I will give a try to see :
    1. If the trasnlation seems correct. I fear especially that the socials quests (using persuasion) become unplayable.
    2. If the non-dialogues components (ru, in, ps, ...) are not translated
    If all that is okay, I could use it to translate it (it will probably be a low-quality translation but it could be playable).

2. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Yeah I kinda figured the bosses would be disintegrate proof. Just thought I'd try and test it for myself lol.

Just curious, how is the game scaled difficulty wise? Turn based or real time? I never really tried turn based before however from some videos I've seen, it makes certain battles (especially if you try to fight Stringy Pete solo) a lot easier. I was only wondering because some of these battles (especially my friend that I tried to disintegrate) take quite a bit of quick thinking and especially reflexes on real time.

Probably my favorite part about the mod is that it tests your real life perception, reflexes, (and math skills...).
    All those locks and ringbells are so small (or that last one which is invisible...)

The last lock that opens the final door when you are meeting up with the Director

I have a few questions / speculations about the story though. (And I thought you might find it interesting / helpful, or even hilarious if I'm way off on my predictions!)
    Boop is see through. Either he is invisible so monsters don't attack him. Or...well someone mentioned somewhere about souls turning transparent when they take soul damage... As the director said, he is hiding something after all... Did he not have to go to a hearing due to him already being a spirit?

Why would Helena ask you to give her jewel back when you next meet if she commits suicide. I guess she knows about Hell then. But the real question is, how...and when will we run into her again...

I nearly lose my soul fighting a banshee and I don't get any points... Sure is hard to earn a reputation around Hell!
    I guess I'll find out these answers eventually! *suspense*

3. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hey, here is the result of the try :
    [​IMG]
    So, as you see it, there are several matters :
    In red : the dumbs sentences cannot be translated, because it's not french, I erased several syllables and phonemes, I used the phonetics words, ...
    So if a do the translation, the -4 intelligence sentences WON'T BE TRANSLATED

In blue : some grammatical rules change a lot between french and english, as "her" or "his", who reffers in french to the possessed object and not the owner. So, even I will try to correct it for the feminine characters, there will be that kind of mistakes in the translation.

In green (1) : Again a matter with intelligence for dumb, it change the value of brackets and will makes the dialogues bugs :

In green (2) : the worst bug : the brackets for intelligence, conditions and consequences are a mess after the translation. I will have to translate one sentence after one other. So it will takes time.

And, really important, the translation is sometimes really really strange (even me can see it).
    For example : "Magic, my name is ---" instead of "How do you do, my name is ---"
    Or "I *** and ... [She pauses] like I think I already made" instead of "I am *** ... [She pauses] Oh, I think I have already presented me of you" (or something like that)

But, the the translation is "predominantly" correct. If all that seems okay to you, I can do it.

About your last message :

I play in real time too, and it's sometimes really easier because you can move permanently, escaping all enemies, use spells and grenades and keep moving after, ...
    The difficulty is obviously superior as Arcanum's one, because the main module is really too easy :D

Actually, it's not invisible, it's super-tiny :thumbup:
    Beware, this spoiler shows several things you should not look at if you haven't finish the asylum :
    [​IMG]

I won't answer to your first thought, it will be funniest if you don't know ^^
    According to the second, you should have an answer :
    If she gave you the diamond, you can ask to Mrs Eloise how to see her
    For the last thing, points are not only given according to the difficulty of the mission, but also according to the gain for the circle. And, actually, making what you've done is really useless for the circle :lol:

Tell me if you're insterested in the translation by Google, with its errors and weird sentences, and I will do it.
    Btw, making the social quests will be really, really difficult with a translation :dead:

4. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

I don't think I've ever played as an ogre brute (or gotten really drunk) to have my intelligence low enough to trigger dumb dialogues. So to me, that wouldn't matter much and if I needed to, I could always open the dlg file and fix those myself.

I've always been good at understanding what people are trying to say, so if a dialogue sounds strange, I should be able to piece it together. If you do end up translating it, I can go through the dialogues and fix the minor grammatical bugs and whatnot for you and send you the updated dlg folder.

I play in real time too, and it's sometimes really easier because you can move permanently, escaping all enemies, use spells and grenades and keep moving after, ...
    The difficulty is obviously superior as Arcanum's one, because the main module is really too easy :D
    I agree it's easier for some things as well and I definitely love the difficulty level of the mod!

For that lock picture...I didn't even see it there. My cursor lit up when my mouse was on the ground in that dark area by the wagon... Probably just a collision issue due to it being on the wall. I noticed lots of Arcanum's wall items do that. I thought the lock was an invisible floor tile lol.

Mrs. Eloise... don't remember that name. Unless she's the fortune teller. In which case I don't recall her giving me the option to discuss it my first playthrough. I might not have had the jewel at the time. I'll try it when I get home then!

Ah so points are based on usefulness for the circle. Makes me wonder what tasks that paladin did to reach the highest tier in 2 days. He probably built the place lol.

I'd be interested in it. I'd also fix up the grammatical errors throughout the whole mod as a thank you :D

5. Nataku

Nataku Member

She is indeed the fortune teller
    And you don't need the diamond, all you need is having the Helena's quest accepted (and it can't be mentioned during the module I think, only accepted or rejected.)

Well, actually... I totally forgot that story. But you're right, it could be interesting to develop it further. I guess he destroyed mighty foes of the circle. Or maybe the rules changed between his era and yours...

It's really really nice to you to do the correction, and you can ask me if you don't guess what's the meaning of the sentence. I will do it, and especially take care of the socials dialogues.
    I will try to limit the errors occurrences, because I will have to translate each line individually.
    I don't know how time it will takes, and can't promise anything because of the (scandalous) length of the dialogues, but it should takes 2-4 weeks.
    There is another difficulty : in that missions severals arts have been created with writings on it.
    Even if I have still the blank ones, I will have to rewrite them before translating then recreate art.

When it will be done, I suggest you playing the module before making corrections, to do not break the suspense (even you will see all the secrets and possibilities of the dialogues).
    Thanks a lot.

NatakuSq

6. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

*Confirmed the fortune teller thing, now to boost my points... *fate point spell at max* *disintegrates Alexie* "how many points does this get me?"
    It's really really nice to you to do the correction, and you can ask me if you don't guess what's the meaning of the sentence. I will do it, and especially take care of the socials dialogues.
    I will try to limit the errors occurrences, because I will have to translate each line individually.
    I don't know how time it will takes, and can't promise anything because of the (scandalous) length of the dialogues, but it should takes 2-4 weeks.
    There is another difficulty : in that missions severals arts have been created with writings on it.
    Even if I have still the blank ones, I will have to rewrite them before translating then recreate art.

When it will be done, I suggest you playing the module before making corrections, to do not break the suspense (even you will see all the secrets and possibilities of the dialogues).
    Thanks a lot.

NatakuSq

Yeah I planned on playing through the mod first before I would edit the dialogues. I wouldn't want anything spoiled! As for a time frame, I can wait, I'm the most patient guy in the world lol.
    "arts with writings on them" Sounds like limbo is going to be very interesting.

Also you don't have to worry about the dumb dialogue options, I can take care of those. If you want to put a number in there telling me what normal line number it relates to that would help.

Assuming most of the current demo scripts (except the great intendant and everyone's favorite operator) are staying the same, Ill get started fixing those while I wait.
    Thanks again!

Edit: (possible spoilers as I speculate something...)
    Reading the captains dialogue again made me realize something more about boop...
    "confused as to why you use the term "we""...Can he not see boop...

7. Nataku

Nataku Member

Okay, I will mark them by a way and will tell you what will be.

I fear I'm not sure to understand your sentence :dead:
    You're talking to correct the already translated dialogues ?
    If it's that, thanks you. Send me that when it will be over :D I will incorporate those which are modified in the new dialogues and replace the others one.

8. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Basically, I started fixing the dialogues already in the current demo. :)

In case you didn't catch my edit: (Possible spoilers)
    The captain is confused as to why you use "we"
    Can he not see boop... and the Director reading your mind was able to somehow know boop's thoughts...
    *more suspense*
    lol

Edit: I have a question about this line here.

{300}{Thin! She's dead. We should try to resurrect her. The Captain shall have something in his cabin.}{hin! She's dead. We should try to resurrect her. The Captain shall have something in his cabin.}{}{}{}{ru 1008}
    Is the first word "Thin" supposed to be "Think"?

9. Nataku

Nataku Member

It's was supposed to be something like Drat! (Damn/Blast!)

10. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Ok, Updated it.

Edit: possible dialogue bug?
    {94}{I feel so sorry for you. Too bad I have to leave right now. You know, some unfinished business to take care of...}{}{5}{}{0}{l 95}
    is the last bracket supposed to be "fl" instead of "l"?

11. Nataku

Nataku Member

Indeed, it should have been "fl 95". Thanks you, this bugs existed in the french version too :D
    PS : This time, it wasn't a major dialogue line, but can you please mark them as spoilers in the future :wink:

12. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Yeah that was my bad, I was half asleep this morning lol

I'll edit the other post and put it in spoiler tags.

Edit: I totally forgot you fixed a few bugs in the latest versions. Which dialogues were edited since the 1.5 version?

13. Nataku

Nataku Member

I checked and only one have been edited : the grand intendant's one.
    I can't tell you where it have been.

You can have the new one downloading the add-on "CrossRoad EN - Add-on 1.5 Demo to 1.61", the link is in my signature.
    0:)

14. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Ok that's good. I was afraid I'd have to start over lol. I should have everything done in the next few days. :)

15. Nataku

Nataku Member

Excluding arts, 28 Ko have been translated, just 3120 are remaining :shootme:
    It will be long 0:)
    I tried to make all sentences understandable, and corrected a lot of grammatical mistakes and non-sens (but I guess I didn't noticed a lot of them).
    Wish me good luck :booze:

16. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

I have a question about these lines here.
    {21}{Why didn't you tell me you are brothers?}{}{5}{lf1 0}{30}{lf1 1}

{30}{Probably to not impede your investigation. He didn't want you to consider me not guilty from the beginning or give more credit to what I told you than the other people. But thanks to that, I could play a little bit with you.}{Probably to not impede your investigation. He didn't want you to consider me not guilty for the beginning or give more credit to what I told you than the other people. But thanks to that, I could play a little bit with you.}{}{}{}{}

Is the first line asking why the Director didn't tell you the were brothers, or should it be why Niels didn't tell you?

The second line implies that it should be the latter but I just wanted to make sure.

Sounds like I'm going to have a really fun time fixing the dialogue!
    And I should have the current stuff all done by later today or tomorrow.

17. Nataku

Nataku Member

You're right. It's a translation mistake due to the fact that in french, the subject is not re-writhed here. Indeed, it should have been "He" or "Niels". :wink:

18. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Uhm may have found an error in a goto line
    {4}{I would like to cancel a reservation.}{}{5}{gf252 1}{60}{}

{60}{What is your destination?}{What is your destination?}{}{}{}{}
    {61}{The limbo.}{}{5}{gf253 1}{80}{}

{80}{May I see your information form please?}{May I see your information form please?}{}{}{}{}
    {81}{[You show it to her]}{}{1}{in 5808}{70}{gf253 1, gf252 1}

{70}{Good... @pcname@? The reservation has been made. You can take the next train bound for the limbo.}{Good... @pcname@? The reservation has been made. You can take the next train bound for the limbo.}{}{}{}{}
    {71}{Thank you.}{}{5}{}{0}{}

{90}{Your reservation has been cancelled. Do you want to make another reservation?}{Your reservation has been cancelled. Do you want to make another reservation?}{}{}{}{}
    {91}{Yes.}{}{1}{}{150}{}

Should the goto line in line 81 be 90 instead of 70?

19. Nataku

Nataku Member

Actually, it's a larger mistake : my brother probably copy a previous line, including the go and the consequences :)
    This it should be :
    {90}{gf253 0, gf252 0}

20. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Fortune teller question.
    {1340}{Oh Spirits of the Universe, come to me!}{Oh Spirits of the Universe, come to me!}{}{}{}{}
    {1343}{Oh Spirits of the Underworld, come into me!}{Oh Spirits of the Underworld, come into me!}{}{}{}{}
    Are these 2 lines supposed to be different? (marked in green)

Edit: Also I had a question about the operator.
    {310}{Well, you go to the next then. And no, you don't earn points. [She looks satisfied] I have a demand here: the smugglers would have spotted a cave on the banks of the Styx haunted by a strange creature. It was almost an official mission but it turned out it did not attack anyone. It is a scared smuggler. Check out the smugglers to be teleported to the scene. (You didn't think that I would cast such an exhausting spell!)}{Well, you go to the next then. And no, you don't earn points. [She looks satisfied] I have a demand here: the smugglers would have spotted a cave on the banks of the Styx haunted by a strange creature. It was almost an official mission but it turned out it did not attack anyone. It is a scared smuggler. Check out the smugglers to be teleported to the scene. (You didn't think that I would cast such an exhausting spell!)}{}{}{}{}

Is it supposed to be smugglers or ferrymen?

Our Host!