Module not working right in Arcanum

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by The Pigeon, Jun 2, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

I've been testing my custom module recently and for some reason I'm getting a lot of weird visual glitches. Once I've started a new game I notice some npcs and walls don't appear. If I try and exit the Arcanum menu is in lots of different colours and to the left of the screen - not centered. Anyone know why this might be? It all started after I noticed one of my shop keepers didn't have an inventory any more and I set him to have the right one again from a chest.

2. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

I would guess file corruption. If you put it on that computer from another source, try to get it from the original location again. Something similar happened to me when I got some old saves off my backup drive.

If that's not it, I'd check to make sure the direct draw file is in the arcanum folder. Maybe try resetting your resolution (in particular you may have switched out monitors to watch netflix and forgot to change resolution back). Also consider whatever changes you made recently in the module. Scripts added to certain items can cause some weird shit to happen, not to mention crashing.

3. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Thanks for the reply! I ended up fixing it by getting a slightly older copy of my module and using that. The only thing I noticed that was odd when I looked around was in the inventory mes file one of my custom inventories had a protonum that was 1 character short. No idea if that affected it or not, but at least it works now.

I'd also had a bug later which the town maps wouldn't finish one they got to generating the last map, but going to an older version solved that too. I guess the moral of the story is back up often!

Edit:

The town map not generating seems to happen the very next time after it works so I have to keep backing up and loading the old one after I gen the maps and play test it. It's a pain in the neck :S

Also it appears alt tabbing causes the game to bug out as well (all those weird colours and it hangs). I do have the high res mod installed, never was an issue before though.

Our Host!