HELP - Convo trigger causes CTD

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Allana, Mar 7, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Allana

Allana New Member

I have just gotten the quest from Willoughsby to get Caladon to join the United Kingdom. When I come out of his office, I get approached by a "concerned citizen". I go through the convo triggers and get to the one where you get the option to respond that the guy is not patriotic but a disgrace (I can't remember the exact words), if I click on it, I CTD. I never actually got his name as he's obviously trying not to give it in the convo, but after doing a Google search I believe it's Heinrich Jenks.

Any suggestions other than avoiding that trigger? I've reloaded & tried it twice, and get the same results.

2. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

Maybe go along with his offer and then turn him in to the authorities? If that would accomplish basically the same thing for your character, while avoiding the dialogue option that causes the crash. I don't think I ever tried being that direct with him before, as my default procedure is to milk NPCs for every scrap of information they've got.

3. Allana

Allana New Member

I ended up avoiding that convo branch completely. Thanks for the suggestion. Clearly a bug, but, avoiding that response worked.

Our Host!