The Great Arcanum Scavenger Hunt!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Oct 14, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I've never heard of this in the game, even if it's not what Deman had in mind thanks for sharing.

2. Deman

Deman Member

That is correct, well done!

@jojobobo

No, it's not what I meant but maybe you can take advantage of Lukan, or one of his buddies for that matter, in another way.

EDIT: The trick requires of your PC to make use of a certain skill. He/She doesn't need to invest any character points in the said skill to succeed though.

Also

The last of the three halfling wizards in Black Root drops the Mysterious Gem should you desintegrate him. You can also steal it from him if he's transformed into an elemental.

3. lonecourier

lonecourier New Member

I've been lurking on this forum for about a year now and never bothered to make an account. I understand I'm fairly late to the party here, but I think I could try to breathe some life into this hunt with some fairly easy targets.

-A "Sunday's Best" Dress that can be obtained before leaving the Crash Site
    -Unique robes that give +38 FR.
    -Without the UAP, the level Virgil gets reset to when he leaves your party for Caladon.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

There's a dress you can get in the pre-game starter shop that gives the same +20 reaction, but I can't remember if it's actually *called* the "Sunday's Best" dress or not.

5. Deman

Deman Member

I believe it was 25, correct?

Before I'm off to pursue my other duties I'm again leaving some new targets. This time they're 'more in sync' with ones which this thread started out with. They're also very tough to spot as they're (completely) covered by scenery.

1. A bucket of Monroe's cleaner found in a somewhat crowded place and near an elf

The next two targets can only be grabbed if you drag them away from where they're placed first

2. A fuel canister found in a dark area probably very late in the game

3. A piece of steel, found outdoors and very early into the game

6. lonecourier

lonecourier New Member

Re:

Nope, it is the "Sunday's Best Dress" but as a hint, I can say that you have to get to the crash site without ever accessing the pre-game starter shop.

Yep, that's it.

7. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior Member

I've been looking for a phantom pilgrim robe that I thought I saw and used in my original play through but its not where I thought it was. However, I did manage to find some interesting items along the way that I'd never seen before, maybe they are obvious but here is some items to hunt.

• Boots of the dark toll
    • Arcane gauntlets(Found on a corpse, not purchased)

8. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

It's nice to see new activity, and for you lonecourier (or anyone else) you can never be too late to the party. I wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't want it to be an on-going feature. If anyone wants to sum up targets and get rid of old ones they gladly have my permission, just keep one post updated and link to it for those wanting a full list of targets; eventually I will post up an updated list for people in the first post of the topic like I have been trying to maintain. Unfortunately, I'm short on time recently to do such things myself.

Even if I'm not posting, I'm always watching this thread - in all the creepiest ways imaginable.

9. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

If I recall correctly, they're on a dead ogre in the Caladon sewers.

10. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior Member

Correct. I was looking in the sewers for pilgrims robes because I swear on my first play through I found some in a barrel down there...

11. lonecourier

lonecourier New Member

Here's a second hint to the Sunday's Best Dress. Can't give that many hints that won't give it away :p
    No mods were used, but the method is a bit counter-intuitive.
    [​IMG]

12. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior Member

I tried every background I could think of, checked every body in the crash and your post made it click... It wasn't a background it was a pre-made character. One miss Victoria Warrington starts the game with a Sunday's best dress.

13. lonecourier

lonecourier New Member

Bingo! You got it.

One new target: A room with exactly 2 large gears, 2 metal plates, and a spool of heavy wire.

EDIT: Make that three: -A good follower that gains, rather than loses, five reaction when attacking a good creature. (Not sure if this is fixed in the UAP)
    -An unidentified Dread Armor that can be found before reaching Tarant for the first time.

14. lonecourier

lonecourier New Member

Hate to double post, but I have found another item. Someone probably already knows what this is, but what the heck.
    [​IMG]

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Looks like a jacket with blue stars behind it.

16. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

18. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Allow me to help you fine gentleman by putting this kerfuffle to rest: It is indeed a mystical jacket-dress.

19. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I cannot agree, good sir. The word mystical implies the item belongs to the mystic tier of magickal equipment, characterised by a high magic complexity of 75. The item in question, however, is nearly four times less advanced with its magic complexity of 20. Calling it charmed would already be a generous compliment.

20. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

It would appear that, in my exuberance to post after being away for some time, I forgot that mystical has specific connotations within the Arcanum universe.

I apologize, gentleman, for any vexing that might have occurred due to this mishap.

Our Host!