Arcanum Press Beta: Differences from the final game

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Drog Alt, Nov 7, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Constipation

Constipation New Member

2. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

Crypton, I for one always excused Drog's demeanor because of his contributions to the game. Now that I know he only copied and translated other people's work from the game, I am free to tell him to fuck off. Sadly, I must therefore also give some credit to our communist comrades. Bloody bit of a twist, isn't it.

Well done, old boy. High marks all around.

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I'm willing to venture that a Crypton vs Drog style argument is going to be decidely one-sided; if Drog is good at one thing apart from patching it's making you crawl into the fetal position, rock back and forth, and wish you want to die - not that I've experienced this myself but I've seen it in others. Plus in spite of Crypton's bitchy comments, he really lacks the constitution for such a bout.

I will say - who gives a fuck about who made some of the fixes in the patch first? Regardless of his faults Drog has given more to this forum and game than most, certainly more than someone who didn't even have an account here till he made one just to stir shit up. I for one was hoping Drog would deliver on his "To be continued", I couldn't care less about pride or age old arguments - just interesting information.

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

5. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

You know, if it was still 2008 and I was still living in some random basement in Japan, completely separated from the outside world, I'd care to respond. But now I live a pretty successful life, fuck, I even had to tell a girl to fuck off and stop pursuing me yesterday, because now I just have way too many of them. My autistic side finally started to fade away, and I became awesome at making connections in real life. The stupid bitches even love my chauvinistic demeanor.

So fuck you, I don't care what you think. Even 10 years in the future everyone will still be using my patches, because they're thorough and complete. Nobody gives a shit about your whining, nobody.

6. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I'll choose to take that as a compliment.

7. Crypton

Crypton Member

That's actually a very sad. Yet, it doesn't excuse your horrible behavior and swearing.

That is an truly spurious statement. I'm sure that you are already aware of all those Arcanum clone projects at ArcanumClub, i.e. Arcanum: Revolution, Arcanum Reborn - Riverrise and Arcanum - Soulless. Not mentioning the OpenArcanum project.

Most of those new engines will natively work on new OS Windows and Linux, and other different platforms, and even will have a working multiplayer and cooperation modes. I can ensure you that at least one of these projects will reach it's final stage, gets completed and become a very popular. Especially speaking of the Riverrise, which is based on FOnline, and is quite far in the development already: http://vimeo.com/47665373

The truth is that not only that your UAP was too late, i.e. was released like 8 years after the game and after a lots of other fan-made patches, but also was only a temporary thing. That's what you should have realized a years ago.

And why can't you simply apologize, credit those authors and have a clear conscience? I don't understand, is it that hard to swallow your pride and say at least a simple "thanks"?

P.S. About all those insults, you can call me a whiner or whatever you want, but at least I'm trying to be a better person, a better man. You obviously are going in a opposite direction.

8. werozzi

werozzi Member

The patches will be used indeed, and people will keep bitching.
    That's why you humans never make any progress.

9. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Re:

Ignorance won't get you anywhere. That post alone is proof of: 1. You're also human* and 2. We've made enough progress for you to post on the Internet. Your comment is either a bad trolling attempt or just a stupid post. Third option would be that you're sad and/or drunk. If that's the case, then you're certainly not good at turning your emotions into something constructive.

*Also, excluding yourself from the human race make you sound arrogant.

Edit:

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Or Werozzi is actually extra terrestrial.

11. Constipation

Constipation New Member

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Last time I spoke with Nobody, he really didn't give a shit about anyone's whining. Let alone yours.

That said, Gentlemen, I don't want RPGCodex or ArcanumClub's bullshit here. This is Terra-Arcanum, and you can keep your stinky fingers and your bitchy Ruskies to yourself or I'll ram Drog so far up your ass you'll hear his bitching every time you blow your nose.

13. namad

namad Member

very interesting to hear about all this. I wonder? did the press complain that magic wasn't awesome enough and end up unbalancing the final game? hmmm

Our Host!