Custom Music to Mods, and making end slides work

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Xayvong, Aug 27, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xayvong

Xayvong Member

Hey everybody! Its been a while since I've posted anything, but I have some questions about AMTUT.

I've been trying to add custom music to a module, but the problem is it's not showing up in the sound schemes.

I've added the song to the schemeindex.mes and schemelist.mes and its not showing up to save my life. Do I have to use a script to run it? The hell if I know.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but some suggestions as to what I can/should do would be nice.

Another thing is, how do I make the end slide play correctly? I've tried following The Pigeons simple tutorial, but...I don't know, all it does is take me straight to main menu.

The default script I've been trying to use is
    0. end game and play slides
    1. return and RUN default.

Is there more to this script? I don't really need to make multiple slides, perhaps in the future though, but right now I need something to show up.

Any help would be appreciated :-?

2. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Make sure you put the actual music file into your mod folder. arcanum/mods/nameofmod/sound/music. drop the mp3 file into that folder. In world editor right click the ground, select sound schemes, then select your music.

3. Xayvong

Xayvong Member

Did that, still nothing. I can get other music to work, but my own music that I'm trying to use doesn't even show up in the scheme list....

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

4. Nataku

Nataku Member

Add music in the files undat from Arcanum doesn't work, I never success to do it. The easiest way is to rename your music as an Arcanum music (for example Mines.mp3). Just be carefull with the values in schemelist(freq, volume, ...), sometimes the do the music not playing :

"// /FREQ: - frequency of occurrence (0-100) (default: 50)
    // /FREQ:1 ; very rare occurrence
    // /FREQ:100 ; very frequent occurrence
    // /TIME: - range of times (in 24-hr units) (default: 0-23 inclusive)
    // /TIME:6-8 ; from 6am to 8am
    // /TIME:19-21 ; from 7pm to 9pm
    // /TIME:12 ; only during the hour of noon
    // /BAL: - range of balance ((L)0-100(R)) (default: 50)
    // /BAL:50 ; always centered
    // /BAL:30-70 ; range from left to right a bit
    // /BAL:0-100 ; can scatter left/right anywhere
    // /VOL: - range of volume (0-100) (default: 100)
    // /VOL:10-50 ; ranges from pretty quiet to half-loud
    // /VOL:80-100 ; ranges from pretty loud to full volume
    // /SCATTER: - range of scatter (sets /BAL and /VOL) (default: 50)
    // /SCATTER:0 ; equivalent to: /VOL:100 and /BAL:50 (this is default anyway)
    // /SCATTER:50 ; equivalent to: /vol:50-100 and /BAL:25-75
    // /SCATTER:100 ; equivalent to: /vol:50-100 and /BAL:0-100
    // <programmer>"
    Doing that will play the music exepect for a long music (I dont know exactly the length limit).

For the end slides, I never tried cause my module is not finished at all. Sorry :roll:

5. Xayvong

Xayvong Member

Wow, very clever! Why didn't I think of that!

Thanks for the little tidbit, I'll give it a try.

As for end slides....well, I honestly just wanted an excuse to get started on a custom slide, but oh well. The mod I'm working on still has a lot of work to go, but it's going to be fairly simple compared to probably what you've been working on :???:

Anyways, thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll somehow figure it out when the time comes. :p

6. Nataku

Nataku Member

If it's juste to change the slide picture (and not include a music), you can insert the modified picture (respecting the bitmat format and the colors number) in the good folder in the data folder.
    1.Copy the picture TheEnd somewhere.
    2. Modify it respecting the format.
    3. Create in the data folder the folder Slides
    4. Insert the picture named TheEnd.
    Then, it will play that picture in ALL modules that you will play. Dont forget create a save of the original data folder on your computer for playing others modules than yours :p
    And when you will share your module, join the data folder :)

7. Xayvong

Xayvong Member

Hmm, well, that does solve the problem regarding changing the end slide, but I still have no idea how successfully even make it show up.

Although I'm curious, what kind of mod are you working on Nataku? You seem to be very knowledgeable regarding Amtut or Arcanum files in general.

8. Nataku

Nataku Member

Try the line Slideshow : queue slide(num)
    Then use a return and RUN default.
    It's the way they use in the original mod.

I've longly "excavated" the file of the original module to find anything that I can "improving" regarding to my own mod. For example, I changed the main menu interface and the texts proposed to the player.
    I try to create a mod which no looks like Arcanum and that for one reason : Arcanum is so complex, so polished, so PERFECT that I can't do something comparable. So I did something "special" :p
    Wait again, the english translation is almost finished (for the first part).

9. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

GodJesus, I wouldn't want to see it. Your English is simply abominable. Even an AIDS ridden monkey would speak better English than you after a few months of training.

10. Nataku

Nataku Member

Oh Drog. You're always so nice :p
    Who said I want you playing CrossRoad ? :)
    If you were interested to CrossRoad, you would know at least that I'm not the translator.
    But maybe you just know to read the messages when you can insult his/her author ?

11. Xayvong

Xayvong Member

Awesome, I can't wait to see it. I'm sure it'll be a fun mod :)

12. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

"Humans act first, think later, and feel last of all..." (Loghaire Thunderstone line 119).

13. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

@Xayvong

Glad to know people are using my tutorials :)

Sorry it didn't work out tho, I haven't looked at that stuff in a while but will give it a try. I'm currently recovering from a bicycle accident so I won't be doing much for the next 6 weeks (right arm with a fracture, left arm sore) but I'll do what I can.

Our Host!