Shut up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dmonik, Nov 21, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

Ok I am sick and tired of people dissing Arcanum, it is one of the best games I have ever played and definately not a shitty game! And plus, if you don't like it, don't post it here. I know this forum is for voicing your opinion but still. It gets really annoying hearing everyone bitch about this game.

I know Ioo is going to call me a moron, and other people will agree with him, but I love this game, and I will defend it untill everyone feels the same way!
    :evil:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dmonik on 2001-11-21 14:12 ]</font>

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Arcanums title should be changed to of bugs "n glitches.

3. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Jinxed you're really starting to piss me off with those bugs of yours.I think you have a few BIG bugs in your head!

4. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

Thank you maniac... I wanted to say the same thing... jinxed, no one cares that you have a lot of bugs, cause no one else see's them

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I've seen the bugs. Lots of them, and yet I still keep starting over when Virgil the Dumbass turns into a wall, or when all my saved games are corrupt, or when the game asks me over and over if I'm sure I want to quit. I'm sure, but I can't quit. I really like the game. But I've started over and reinstalled the game so many times that Arballah just says "Oh, it's you again" when I first meet him. The bartender in Shrouded Hills sets up a drink for me before I order. The sheep in Madame Lil's and I are practically engaged. This is a great game, the best RPG I've played, but Sierra should be ashamed for releasing a game with so many BUGS.

6. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

the game has lots and lots of bugs in it...
    but no one sayed it's not a great game inspite of them(the bugs).
    so why are you so pissed of??

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

you guys are kinda stupid. As I said in other threads I would not state my opinion of Arcanum if I did not have any proof. And as I said, there has been alot of people posting 4 posts about their bug experience with arcanum and then never came back to the forum. There has been ALOT. Believe me I don't have an agenda toward arcanum. I did enyoy the game while it lasted. But I can't play it anymore since it would kill me.
    I never said arcanum sucked from the start, It's just I value and my money more, and have other quality comparisons, to state that arcanum is undeveloped

8. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I'm back. Why? Because I keep hoping someone will come up with a miracle cure to fix the bugs in this game.

I'd rather wring every bit of enjoyment out of a game than throw it away or shelve it. I don't think that's "kinda stupid" at all. I'm trying to get my money's worth out of this damn buggy game. Can you help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2001-11-22 00:14 ]</font>

9. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

It's not because of that, its because they come to this forum and bitch about it
    *cough*Jinxed*cough*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dmonik on 2001-11-22 01:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dmonik on 2001-11-23 23:29 ]</font>

10. villageidiot

villageidiot New Member

Man I must have it good... the only thing I can complain about is the lag. And that is probably due to my system. Everything else works peachy, although I would be quite amused to see Virgil turned into a wall (and then beat him to death.)

11. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

I have also seen no bugs at all, and I have beaten arcanum 2 times... 3:)

12. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

13. Calis

Calis Member

Can I just point out that looking at a message board devoted to a game is hardly any realistic indication of how many bugs it has? People experiencing trouble tend to ask for help on message boards, people who don't tend to just play the game. This site still gets about 3000 unique visitors every day (it was on 6000 for a while). The board has 1402 registered users. You do the math.

Personally, I've experienced one show-stopper bug in an early Arcanum beta, but my experiences with the final have been good, overall. I also sent in a bunch of bug reports while playing the various betas, and got a reply to all saying they'd be fixed in the final... and they are.
    A few scripting bugs are unavoidable with a game this size.

That isn't to say there aren't an unacceptable amount of bugs in the game, but it would be ridiculous to compare Arcanum to, say, Fallout 2 or Ultima 9 when both where released.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-11-22 13:22 ]</font>

14. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I would disagree Calis, since I played Fallout 2 to death, I also experienced every bug possible in the game. And tell you what, the game never really crashed on me without an apparent reason. There were alot of other things, but somehow I was able to live with them, I can't live with arcanums bugs on the other hand. Since it's been a long time since Fallout came out. I would figure, they would somehow improve the code, but no. The game has basically the same amount as fallout. I'm just stating that alot of time has passed since buggy fallout or ultima, and I thought they would just improve it and I was quite dissapointed.
    Calis, don't tell me that arcanum is a step forward from fallout. It has a very similiar engine, the graphics are better but by a longshot, the interface leaves alot to be desired, like NO ITEM DESCRIPTIONS! often we are left pondering what the hell is this for?
    I loved what they wrote about each item in fallout, so for me this was a step backward.
    For me Arcanum is fallout but in a different character and world setting. I would go as much far as saying it's a fallout clone.
    So couldn't they improve the code just a bit?
    as I said they had alot of time...

15. Calis

Calis Member

First of all... did you play Fallout 2 before or after the patch? I was obviously talking about a pre-patch Fallout 2. Also, what bugs in Arcanum did you find hard to overcome?
    Let me just say that I agree Arcanum is a flawed game; both the interface and the balance show serious problems. I just think you're confusing a buggy game with a game you don't like as much. Which happens a lot on message boards.

16. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I am sorry for you guys who have experienced so much bugs 'cause I played Arcanym nad Fallout 2 with only a few minor bugs and no patches :p

Well Ultima 9 was really buggy though :sad:

And I think Jinxed is plain old stupid because he wants a game without bugs and such just don't exist

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I played alot of Fallout without a patch and then upfgraded my system thus getting a modem which allowed me to get the patch.
    Secondly, Let me state that I was in a world of fun before the bugs. First bug that ever happened was the naked shopkeeper in the middle of nowhere savegame corruption bug.
    I loaded and it vanished. Some people had no change after loading. They got stuck. after it was a whole bunch od magnus crap, and follwer reaction behaviour bugs.
    The bug that crashed the game for me was the
    "are you sure you want to quit?" corrupted save game bug. I finished the game having 5 simultanious save games. saving EVERY 4 minutes can be a "payne" you know. The nail to the coffin was the LAME boss at the very end. It was no challange compared to Frank from fallout 2
    I had fun with arcanum while it lasted. About 2 weeks. I never said it was a crappy game from the start. It just could have been so much better.. :sad:

18. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

If you didn't noticed bugs in Arcanum or Fallout 2, you're not looking. It's as simple as that.

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I think YOU are just plain stupid yourself since I said before, that there are games that are near bugfree. I want those games.
    another thing CONSOLE games. did you read anything I wrote before you maniac?
    edit: another thing is that we need to draw a line between a normal game with some bugs and bug 'o rama. To me it's clear what is crossing the line. Sure games have bugs but they don't cross the line. And thats acceptable. Arcanum jumps over the line like an olimpic pole-jumper

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-11-23 12:59 ]</font>

20. Rigor_Mortis

Rigor_Mortis New Member

I completly aggre with jinxed. I experienced that wanna quit bug and that damn bug corrupted my evry save game that I am forced to play 10 lvls before. Playing the samething for hours in order to resume your old state realy pissed me off! Then I give up with my dwarf techie and just started another game hoping this won't crash.Now this is a SERIOUS BUG! I can't resist a bug like your saves just be unloadable!!! But Arcanum is a great game after all. It has a living huge world...

'lo to old friends here...

Our Host!