Unbalanced!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rigor_Mortis, Nov 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rigor_Mortis

Rigor_Mortis New Member

*sigh* Arcanum is terribly unbalanced!
    my half ogre has %95 dr!! he is invincible!
    at lvl 40! This game needs a balance change since techies suck against magies and tank boys! It's really hard to beat game with a techie!

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

3. pspahn420

pspahn420 New Member

yea i just hit level 32 and all these new quests have been really easy. i haven't had a challenge killing something since the first time i ran across 5 were rats when it was just virgil and I.

4. pspahn420

pspahn420 New Member

heh i just remembered there is a difficulty setting. ah ha!

5. HED854

HED854 New Member

I agree with Rigor. The game is very very easy with some chars and nearly unbeatable with others (techies). I beat the game at l.39 with a diplomat char (tons of followers, master in persuasion etc.), fate points still unused, and a meta college almost useless throughout the game. Too easy. I'm gonna restart the game with a dwarf mage :smile:

6. Rigor_Mortis

Rigor_Mortis New Member

Yeah I see you found salvation!
    :wink:

7. gutrippa

gutrippa New Member

yeah, the balance is way off. mages are WAY overpowered. the shield of protection can give you better protection than any armor out there (with full magical aptitude) and the resistances stack with your existing armor. getting 95 percent (it shouldn't be capped so low) DR with a mage is a childs play (i had over 75 around level 17 or so). you'd be hard-pressed to get 80% DR with a techie unless you have a lunatic background. since 95 percent of the enemies have physical attacks, the mage can stomp anything into the ground. my level 30 mage can easily handle 3-4 were-rats and i couldn't say the same for my level 50 tech :sad:.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gutrippa on 2001-11-26 07:39 ]</font>

8. gutrippa

gutrippa New Member

wanna know how i did the thieves on the bridge quest?

I put up the force shield, then dropped some lit dinamite, the thieves attacked, and all i had to do was shrug off an attack or two until the dynamite went off. i had lost about the half of my life bar (death w/o the shield) and the thieves were blown into pieces.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, my first character was a tech character, and he blitzed through the game. He was also a half-orc :smile:.

The shield of protection is invaluable, though I want to know how my mage archer has 87% damage resistance WITHOUT the shield of protection - she wears dragon skin leather, gloves of dexterity, ellumyn's bow, mystic helm, ring of poison resistance and a magick ring...how did she get 30% damage resistance (I took off all her equipment, and she had 30% DR)? She has 20 dex and 16 willpower. No high strength/constitution/etc etc...

I mean, what the fuck is going on there? Whenever I bought a spell, she would gain DR!

10. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Just a guess: every time you bought a spell your Magickal Aptitude increased, allowing you to use more of the magickal bonuses of your items? :???:

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

No, when I had no armour on, and bought a spell, the DR increased...how do you get 30% DR naturally? Honestly, how did that come about? She has 5 spells, background of day mage and is a half-elf (25+25+5 = 55) yet had a magick aptitude of 95 when I loaded the game today...I've noticed that those numbers can get seriously fucked up sometimes...of course, I didn't have 100% magick power available on my items either, which I probably should have had with 95 aptitude...She never wore a dark helm either, if that's what you are thinking...

Our Host!