The consequences of killing K'an Hua

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Puer, Jun 8, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Puer

Puer New Member

I agreed to slaughter the inhabitants of Stillwater for M'in Gorad. They did not seem to care much for half-orcs, and the half-orcs who lived there didn't seem bothered by the racism... Yeah, I had to rationalize the whole thing afterwards. However, I did not agree with the Dark Elves, so I proceeded to kill M'in Gorad after being told about K'an Hua and his wereabouts.

I went off to find this K'an Hua person, who turned out to have quite a few answers, but he nevertheless deserved to die. If for nothing else so for his slimy voice. This is where I got lost. For some reason, I ended up in the Void as soon as K'an Hua died. Is there a reason for this that I missed, or are you not "supposed" to kill him?

I did not think much of it at the time, but I now realize that I never got to visit the Vendigroth Wastes or the Island of Thanatos. Nor did I get any information on the so called "Living One", or Nasrudin. Perhaps I should load an earlier save and choose a slightly different path.

2. Pyotr

Pyotr Member

Killing K'an Hua trigger teleport to Void.
    That's why I couldn't complete Mannox quest at my evil playthrough. K'an Hua appears out of nowhere and disintegrates your hero, when you try to tell truth about Mannox to Alexander.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Just like Nasrudin, if you kill K'an Hua he will banish you to the void with his dying breath. It is a shortcut to the void and a sign of how terrible consequences in modern games are compared to this gem.

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Trouble is, I'm not too sure how well you can progress now you don't have the Vendigrothian Device (probably not too well unless you're planning to side with the big boss man). Maybe reloading it might be sensible and killing him only once you have the device in your possession - unless someone else knows if there's some other work around or thing they incorporated into the game to compensate for this?

5. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Much you have heard about Arronaxsss......yeeesssss???

6. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Jojobobo,
    Please don't misinform people. The final boss can be killed without the device.

7. Wims

Wims New Member

Yes, with the

8. Jojobobo

I didn't if you look, I said I wasn't entirely sure and someone should correct me if they knew different. I imagine the thingie you and Wims are talking about is...

Kryggird's Falchion?
    If so does the final cut scene where the big bad man dies change at all or is it still the same? I have to admit I've never really tried anything too experimental in the Void so I don't really know what different things you can do there. There's supposed to be different endings if you use the various evil followers but I still have got off my arse to experience them yet.
    PS I like the friendlier signature, Drog.

9. Wims

Wims New Member

Hey the ending cutscene is slightly different.

10. Jojobobo

Merci beaucoup. Je vais essayer il quand j'en ai envie. Suffice to say my current level of French "est merde".

11. Puer

Puer New Member

I ended up doing precisely that. I also loaded an earlier save, and K'an Hua banishing me makes a lot more sense now having spoken to Nasrudin. If only I knew where Virgil went, he left for Caladon and I have not been able to find him. I want him to meet the real Nasrudin!

12. friartuck

friartuck New Member

Think about what you may have found out about his past. What sort of people would he want to talk to? Alternatively, just do a quick web search.

13. Puer

Puer New Member

I did look for Virgil at the Panarii temple and at the bar. However, I would have never found that trapdoor in the back room of the bar without consulting the internet.

It did not really matter though. Nasrudin was already waiting for us in Roseborough, and Virgil did not seem to care at all. Apparently they have to meet at Thanatos for there to be any dialogue between them.

Our Host!