Scary Stories

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Grossenschwamm, Aug 28, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

It's was a sunny morning. He could hear his mother calling. This was the day he had forgotten.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Calling his dog, The Last Boy ran back to his childhood home through the bucolic setting of rural Mid-America. With a smile, his mother said "Dinner's ready." It was always a surprise. His parents took turns cooking, trying new recipes nearly every day. Being a picky eater, it didn't always taste good to him; but the variety kept meals exciting. He sat in his seat at the table, everything was in place. The dog excitedly rushed to its food dish and began eating, then paused. Looking at The Last Boy, it seemed to tense up. He froze, as if he felt a sense of impending doom.
    It was gas.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

4. Grossenschwamm

After dying from the horrible dog-gas, The Last Boy felt himself being pulled back into terrible reality, all of what he experienced being a fabrication of his addled mind. Again a man, he had apparently entered a catatonic state and was now regaining self-awareness.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Then he woke up and it was all a dream.

6. Grossenschwamm

(Zanza...that's what I said in the post before yours. You can do better, with trolling AND with a story.)
    Before him was the unspeakable horror.
    "You didn't have to cut me. I just want to love you, baby. Now, I have to get a little...rougher...than I did with the rest."
    The Last Man stifled a scream. He guessed abominations liked that sort of thing, and decided not to utter a sound.
    "Actually, I prefer the quiet type."
    He tried desperately to blank his mind. It was in his thoughts. It manifested hallucinations of his family as represented in the dream, but there was something slightly off about them...

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Then he had a heart attack and died.

8. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Atleast he thought that he had died, but no. While the Last Man woke up, the Unnameable Thing spoke to him 'No, boy. I cannot let you die. I gonna have some great plans with you.'

9. Grossenschwamm

(Zanza, I know you're trolling, but if you want to end the story you'll have to be more creative. A repeat? You really can do better. I deleted it. If you won't try, I'll delete your posts.)
    His chest burned. It seemed that while it could sustain his life, it was keen on reminding him that he was only alive to entertain it. He remembered a song popularized by Justin Bieber, and the creature laughed. It seemed hollow, like a blatant imitation of genuine laughter.
    Reality quivered. The Last Man was now in a padded cell, with little to remind him of the horrors that existed at the end of the world, save a singular bottle of vodka.

10. Arthgon

Wildly he looked around to find a way to escape this forsaken place. Wait. Is not that a wooden spoon he saw before him?

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    <object width="560" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZowK0NAvig?version=3&amp;hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZowK0NAvig?version=3&amp;hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

He suddenly realised there was no spoon, for it was all a dream. Then he woke up and died.

13. Grossenschwamm

OK, I actually liked that one a lot. The spoon thing didn't make sense to me, and I had no idea how to follow it.

14. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

15. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

16. Grossenschwamm

No, I meant I couldn't follow Arthgon's use of the Spoon.
    "Hey, random wooden spoon!"
    My turn: ...eh.
    Zanza saves the day!

17. Arthgon

It would have been something like this:

He began to dig a tunnel to safety. At the end of the tunnel he emerged into a wild world.

18. Grossenschwamm

Standard padded rooms are surrounded by concrete. You can't dig through concrete with a spoon made of wood. The pads themselves are pouches made of leather or or strong canvas, and coated with a rubberized paint. While those can be punctured and subsequently ripped, the concrete remains. The way I was going was that he'd eventually submit to the urge to drink. But, I guess that's the problem with passing the torch.

19. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

He can't drink with the spoon?

The Last Man picked up the spoon with awe, pour some medicine in it and started drinking. He didn't stop til the bottle was empty.

20. Arthgon

(oops, I should have known that.)

Nevermind.

Our Host!