Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Search for Neddao Wallau, the mayor of Brandybuck. He's a lvl 12 halfling dressed in blue who should be wandering in the proximity of the Underhill residence.

Once you found him, ask him about the residence and how you're interested in buying it. If the right dialogue options are chosen, he will send you on what will seem to be a wild goose chase, but it will eventually lead you to Frigo Furbottom.

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Thankyou! Wikiarcanum, thy name is Muro.

3. killianql

killianql New Member

Arcanum5.dat not readable

Hi folks,

I looked up this thread since 5 pm because of the axe handle and schematics CTDs.

So I joined the forum, read half the thread, reinstalled the game (twice since yesterday) and finally took a closer look at the offending file Arcanum5.dat and found out that it was flagged as insecure because it originated from another computer. I simply had to unblock it in file properties just below 'Attributes' section. I'm pretty sure that it is a Vista and upwards problem.

Anyways I'm now seeing an arbalest instead of the axe handle so it should work.

I hope that helps

4. namad

namad Member

is it possible to run a:wip in a window the same way it is with UAP? i tried using d3dwindower but it just crashes a lot...

are there any mods for a:wip to make it work properly in a window? it would be really nice if someone could merge drog's later updates into a:wip because his [R]estored support for windowed mode works extremely well

5. namad

namad Member

so i installed a:wip6.0 as instructed in the first post then and the highres1.1a ....and well... something is bothering me... squares keep forming behind my cursor on the world area... and... when i pickup an item in my inventory big inventory colored rectangles follow my cursor around not just the item sprite... is this a known bug? is it unfixable? did i mess up the installation?

6. namad

namad Member

is there a comprehensive list of all the new scehmatics in the mod anywhere? i checked the changelog but.... in the changelog individual schematics are sometimes listed, and sometimes just a # is listed indicating how many ?... so that means some were added that are not at all anywhere named in the changelog?

also how do i use the cargo hold hack? it doesn't seem to be explained in the changelog or in the book in the starter chest...

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You're breaking a lot of forum rules to serve your own interests. Instead of triple posting in the same topic, try waiting until someone answers your original questions.

8. trollshade13

trollshade13 New Member

I'm having an issue with getting this module to work with the GOG version.
    I mean, the portraits and backgrounds are correctly implemented, but the new locations (if virgil does mark them on my map) are not included.
    Couldn't check is the UAP patch is correctly implemented.
    Also the brown chest is missing at the start.

this is a standard install of the gog version, no alterations whatsoever.

EDIT: just saw on page 49 I have to reinstall, going to try just that
    I'll post an update.

9. vandal9000

vandal9000 New Member

Hello, big fan of this mod, got a question about Iron clan. I managed to get the key from Bingham that opens that safe, inside was the Iron clan treasure room key but cannot find the treasure room. Is it the one accessed by ladders that are in the room that has 2 ways in it blocked? How to get to those ladders? Also IMHO those iron clan dungeons seem way to complicated and too big =/

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, vandal9000!

1: Real easy: Exit the mine and follow the mountains north. You'll find the second entrance.

2: Complicated - yeah. Too big - well, I was going for more play time...

11. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Oh. I just want to say welcome back rroyo.

12. Rocket Baby Dolls

Rocket Baby Dolls New Member

Looking forward to giving this a try. First bought Arcanum 10 years ago, it's been a few years since i played it last though, i didn't realise the modding community was still alive after all these years and i'm glad to see it is. Many thanks for your hard work, i'll get back to you on my thoughts later on. I've literally just reinstalled the game :D

13. dlcooper

dlcooper New Member

I've seen a few messages regarding the GOG version of the game and just wanted to post my experience. Installed gog version of the game and then installed WIP6.0 and the updated Arcanum5.dat. Then installed the HighRes patch and everything seems to be working fine so far. The replacement executable doesn't seem to have any problems so it doesn't look like gog did anything with it. Seems to be working and the chest showed up at the beginning but I haven't got too far into the game yet.

Doug

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Rocket Baby Dolls & dlcooper!

15. Rocket Baby Dolls

Rocket Baby Dolls New Member

Thankyou rroyo.

I think i found my first bug, i've just gone into Madame Lil's, every conversation option leads her into attacking me. I've never encountered this issue before, her reaction to me is 157 and it was the first time i'd even walked through the door.

16. chrinie

chrinie New Member

Again, I'm here, after a a year or two of vacation from this great game.

I even forgot my first username here on this forums..

So here's the thing..

I have these Arcanum CDs with me, but I'm losing the DISC 1. So to just play, I DLed them somewhere which I know is far out shunned by the community. But I can't help it.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any Arcanum CD here left at the Philippines, or I just haven't searched enough.

So the point is, I'm having problem with this MOD, since it crashes when choosing a background. It errors and closes.

Also, when I equipped back my weapon while I was in battle, it errored me out too.

That only happened after I used this MOD from a FRESH install.

PS: I can provide a picture of me holding my CD for proof too if needed. Stupid DISC 1 is lost somewhere in our house :(

EDIT:
    Gonna play on Vanilla first >_<Can>_<

17. Souril

Souril New Member

I havent played Arcanum for awhile and suddenly had a urge to reinstall it. This mod sounds very interesting however there seems to be a error downloading it. It takes forever to get the download finished and when it is done and I run the exe I just get a blank dos window. I left my pc for a bout 30 min and when I came back nothing changed.

I am not sure what this is but I am guessing the file got corrupted somehow and needs to be reuploaded.

Thanks

18. Souril

Souril New Member

Just wanted to add that I did download this file three times and it is the same thing every time. Also I did try running this as a Admin as well. The file is not working properly and not unpacking at all. If this cannot be fixed I will be glad for a zip file and with all that is needed as well.

Thanks for the hard work and I look forward to playing this mod as soon as it is working once again. :p

19. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Doesn't this need to be moved to the Arcanum directory and then run? Anyway, I'll try downloading it and running it whenever I'm able to, but I think this may be user error rather than file error...

20. Souril

Souril New Member

I have tried that as well all with a clean install and no other mods being used. I believe the file is bad. Otherwise maybe I do need to install something else first. I have installed the 1074 patch. So it is not that.

*EDIT*

I have discovered that after running the file I do see a arcanum_rroyo_AWIP6.0 {shortcut toMS-DOS} in my game directory. When I run this I also get a blank CMD prompt window.

Nothing seems to make this work. I have downloaded the arcanumedit so that I can register those missing .dll and .ocx files to see if that would help. Unforantly they also did not help.

Can anyone think of anything else I am doing wrong or is anyone else experencing this problem. (I am running vista 32bit if that helps. The game does play without any problems just this mod does not want to work).

Our Host!