Don Throgg ending

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Pacal II, Jun 8, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pacal II

Pacal II New Member

I wonder what happens to Don Throgg if he’s killed or nothing is done with, and doesn’t gain power. I’m asking because I’m a liberal myself and generally against labor unions (although I realize that in the 19th century they had their merits). I helped him because on the one hand it seemed the best of the three choices and on the other labor unions are what in affect led to Poland (my country) becoming a free and capitalist country. So what happens in Tarant if no labor unions are made?

By the way, I knew Don Throgg’s picture ringed a bell…
    http://www.ushmm.org/propaganda/archive ... n-student/

2. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

Presumably the Orcs continue to slave away in that little factory until they become very very angry, beat the Foreman to death with a chair and then are roundly massacred. Then several centuries later slavery is abolished, followed by a large Civil Rights movement, led by an intellectual Orc, perhaps called Garfield Thelonius Remington XIII.

And then presumably he'll be shot by a fucking Gnome.

3. Pacal II

Pacal II New Member

Mhm... but does the ending in the game show what happens?

BTW, they're not slaves like in the pre-civil war states, they're more like the workers in 19th century european factories.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

"Created" is a surprisingly accurate word when it comes to orcs.

There are three sets of endings for Tarant: Boil ending, Bates ending and Throgg ending.

If you help Donn Throgg, you get the ending in which he becomes a champion of equal rights and justice and changes labor rules for the good of all. If you do not help him, you get no Throgg ending at all.

Helping (or not) Donn affects the Caladon ending. It only appears if you were a negotiator between Tarant and Caladon.

If you performance as the negotiator is flawless and you helped Donn, Caladon and Tarant become equally prosperous.

If you performance as the negotiator is flawless but you did not help Donn Throgg, Caladon never reaches full potential.

That's what our site says, anyway.

5. Pacal II

Pacal II New Member

Oh, so it seems I had the best possible ending :D. Unless the orcs form a communist party later on, I guess it's fine.

So if you didn't help him there would be no mention of Tarant itself, just of Caladon and the boil, right?

And why didn't my ending mention Bates?

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Indeed assuming you acted as Tarant's negotiator to trigger the Caladon ending and killed at least one Boil gang leader to trigger the Boil ending (an ending which would qualify as Tarant's ending if the second gang leader is left alive).

There are only two Bates endings. One triggered by his death and the second triggered by the demises of both Bates and Appleby.

7. Pacal II

Pacal II New Member

I checked on some pages that in some of the endings you become a god, how is that even possible :/? I'm happy about my good ending but just curious.

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Completing the altar quests up to and including Vendigroth. The ending doesn't show in the vanilla version but I believe that got remedied in the UAP?

9. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

The god endings have nothing to do with the altars.

The endings are selected (quite literally) in the conversation with Kerghan, but due to a scripting error the slides don't fire in vanilla. The UAP fixes this.

Our Host!