Brink

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zanza, May 12, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Anyone got Brink yet? Not sure if I want to fork out $90 for it. Games in Australia are expensive for no other reason except our market is smaller. Seen a lot of bad reviews from websites and players but then again they weaken their own argument when their reasoning is you are a moron if you like/hate a feature. Have a friend playing it right now so he will give me the low down on what he thinks about it, like movies I feel critics can discredit it when in reality the movie itself was fine as long as you don't sit there and say THAT'S NOT REALISTIC!

2. Charonte

Charonte Member

Import in from india on evil bay. Will cost you all of 20 bux.

Tis what I'm planning to do with the witcher 2 in, like, 5 days.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Apparently Fable 3 has co op mode? Might be worth a look at.

4. Sjael

Sjael New Member

I played Brink for most of yesterday.

It has a couple of issues; the multiplayer has some graphical bugs that give the appearance of lag, when you're not lagging at all.

And the bot AI is fucking abysmal. Actually I temper that, the friendly bot AI is abysmal. Enemy bots are Fatal1ty on crack.

Those are my only complaints so far, but if you check out the Steam forum for Brink, you'll see there are quite a few compatibility issues others are having.

As for the good, it feels like Old Quake multiplayer. I feel like I'm home again after all these years. Some of the maps have terribly designed choke points, but seem fairly balanced in most cases. Character customization is always a boon, too.

If you don't go into it expecting a CoD-style shooter, it's an excellent game. One of the few recently that I've actually *wanted* to go back and play after taking a break from.

Our Host!