Japan gets the biggest earthquake in its history

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drog Alt, Mar 11, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

So the nuclear plant crisis has gone from bad to worse. They've pulled out the 50 workers who had stayed behind to manage the situation because radiation levels have increased to dangerous levels.

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

The thing about Japan's war crimes is that unlike Germans, the Japanese don't feel any regret. They have this huge shrine in the center of Tokyo, that glorifies the war criminals, their textbooks whitewash their history, etc. I mean, just imagine what if Germany had monuments dedicated to SS members, and modern German politicians regularly visited them to pay a tribute. Crazy, huh?

That's why the great majority of the Chinese and Koreans can't stand the Japanese. The modern Japanese are still not very "modern", they're way too arrogant, xenophobic and don't feel sorry for anyone.

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I feel like I should argue with this, but I know it to be true of at least the older generation.

4. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

That statement could apply to us Americans just as easily. We whitewash our history, we're pretty damn arrogant, and xenophobic as well. People can be assholes everywhere. I frown on it where ever I find it.

5. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    the us deserved pearl harbor cos of what they done to native americans.....lol karma!!!!11!!1

6. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Trying to argue with a Chinese person about why they shouldn't hate the Japanese for not feeling guilty about 70 year old war crimes is like trying to argue with a Serbian about why Muslims need homes, too.

It makes perfect sense to you or me, but that's becaue our culture hasn't been starkly against the Japanese for as long as we have lived.

And I imagine, in Drog's case, that he's been listening to all his new friends in China talk to him about it incessantly.

7. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Meh, it's all just monkeys flinging shit at each other. They may be disgusting little bastards, but they were still squashed like bugs and I feel sorry for them.

My ancestors were invaded, captured and fucked-up by their ancestors too, but we're talking about humans versus extinction, not my tribe versus theirs. It's a whole different level of perspective where we are all one people under heaven.

8. DarkFool

Your stupidity has been your undoing.

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

What's bad for Japan is bad for the US, especially considering the fragile global economy. A lot of metaphorical water has passed under the bridge since Pearl Harbor, and remember, we did bomb them back with a newfangled science experiment, on civilian populous no less.

Pretty silly.

10. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

I was all for banning him from the start when he was saying to change the color scheme etc, but I find it funny that he gets banned for a pretty accurate mockery of the previously posted Pearl Harbor stupidity.

Then again, as a Native American, I probably found it funnier than most would...

11. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aytQJzdhILM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aytQJzdhILM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

12. DarkFool

I just thought I'd update on this. Not positive I trust any of this information, given 1) American Media and 2) The consistency of shit coming out of Japan.

p.s: source is quote name.

13. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

6.4 miliseiverts per hour over a standard 8 hr work day > 7 miliseiverts over a 15 minute CT.

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

The situation is constantly changing, but clearly trending in the wrong direction. As for me, I'd rather not be anywhere near a nuclear reactor that is likely in the process of melting down, let alone 6 of them. One good turn for the worse and it's ghoulification for anyone standing too close.

15. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

It's an especially horrible way to die, and even worse for the Japanese mindset. The radiation scare officially fulfills their deepest fears: in one word, Godzilla. But really, the reactor accident is quite trivial compared to the overall effect of the tsunami.

16. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

Unless it has a critical meltdown and releases tons of radioactive material into the atmosphere which is then deposited over miles of ocean and probably North America's west coast =D.

Tsunami happen, then pass. Radiation sticks around for an annoyingly long time. Like that one creepy drunk uncle who just won't go home and sticks around eating all your food, and drinking all your beer.

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

18. Kaitol

Kaitol New Member

19. arondel

arondel New Member

Really Japan Face the worst experience of Natural disaster as a Tsunami and earth quake. lots of people died and many of injured in this incidents. Japan loss lots of property. really this is the very bad experience for the Japan.

20. maudina

maudina New Member

How many earthquakes have occurred in Mexico City since the 1985 earthquake? I would like to include this in a report I am writing about the Mexico City 1985 Earthquake, but I've been having a tough time finding this just by using google, so I thought I'd give YA a try!

Our Host!