Best way to spend extra points with a pure melee.dodge char?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by lagomorph, Feb 9, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. lagomorph

lagomorph New Member

Just wondering if I should go after certain spells or schematics.

Thanks.

2. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Mastering the Smithy discipline is a good way to get some pretty powerful weapons and armor, and combining it with electrical may produce some spectacular results, like charged sword/axe and electro armor.

If you want to play the good guy, maxing out Charisma/Persuasion is a good thing to do.

As for spells, the whole Temporal and Conveyance colleges are basically a must if you play the mage. They are also aptitude independent, so you can play a full techie with 100 TA and still be able to use Hasten, Tempus Fugit and Teleport without any problems. Of course, the question of enough character points rises...

3. jca

jca New Member

Increasing strength is also a good idea if you can get it to 20 or over.

And if you're a mage character, then Magick/Mystic/Arcane Great Sword is something you should find. These swords also need quite a lot strength, especially if you also have a shield on the other hand.

4. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

For Pure Melee characters... Hummm...

I'd suggest you to max out the Dexterity, then if you are a good aligned character, spend on Charsima, if you're not, in Constitution.

Willpower will be good so you can Haggle later.

5. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Since you'll probably have a high WP score getting the Tempus Fugit spell will make you godly. ST, DX, Melee, Dodge all maxed are a given. Any additional points you can toss into the elemental colleges for the various buffs and IN to sustain them.

6. Rex

Rex New Member

I just knew this s**t is going to get moved(or worse) and was afraid to post.
    Ok, so:
    lvl 2 smithy - one of the best swords for you and followers in the game,
    lvl 2 electric - +2 dex for followers(+4 for technos and dwarves) and +4 for you if you have around 15 tech aptitude(but it will NOT raise over race cap),
    lvl 1 white necromancy OR lvl 1 herbology - nice healing, white necro will take longer and eat more fatigue if you have someone very technological tho, herbology force you to find, make and carry salves but you can give them to followers,
    max picklock - picklock lets you steal goodies from shops.
    These are what I can think of and doesn't require any insane commitment like maxing some new stat. You should have 8 int, and a lot of dex(and maybe con too) so these are easy buffs for character.

7. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Backstab + Stun combo makes the cheapest melee fighter. Each your hit will be doing extra 100 points of irresistible damage. With Dagger of Speed, Haste and Tempus Fugit you will be able to kill anything on your first turn, even the final boss.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I've successfully resisted the urge to split this into a new thread, put it in the wrong section then yell at you for it.

Anyway, you aren't going to get banned for posting in the wrong section. We've just had an influx of new members (or just one with a lot of puppets. Too lazy to check), and it seemed that a refresher on where to post things was needed. I find that angry, drunken posting is one of the finest ways to get a point across.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I find it strange how much praise the Balanced Sword receives in general while the Katana is hardly ever mentioned.

Strange, because while the first one is indeed better for followers lacking melee training, for the trained player the two swords provide the exact same damage dealing performance.

10. Rex

Rex New Member

I'm not too sure, but I think that katana have same stats but less fatigue damage... so, yea, sword is ultimate weapon.

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

That is correct, and possibly important if someone actually cares about dealing more fatigue damage.

Of course, more is always better than less, but I would argue if it's worth 2 CPs if they would be invested exclusively for this.

Better - yes, but not ultimate. There are superior tech/neutral melee weapons out there.

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Does anything trump
    Bangellian Scourge
    ? I always thought that was the finest weapon.

13. Rex

Rex New Member

Not techno item(hexed, so maybe it does work with high ta, never bothered to check), make you fail quest, make you evil, there is only one of these in the game so it's not possible to give few to each follower.

14. ShrinkingTripod

ShrinkingTripod New Member

Willpower, and then whatever college you like. I second Temporal and Conveyance.

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The Bangellian Scourge is harmless to the user with 0% Magickal Power Available, but at the same time it's an unimpressive weapon without its magick support. In the hands of a 100 TA user it turns into a slightly weaker cousin of the Heavy barbarian Blade in terms of dealt damage.

16. Rex

Rex New Member

And how is it harmful to someone with 100 ma? It randomly cast spells or what?

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It does cast a variety of damage dealing spells (Harm, Bolt of Lightning and Quench Life), but they only affect the enemies.

As for its effect on the user - the Scourge has quite a backstory composed of speaking to its wielders and corrupting their souls, the in-game effect of this being the Scourge permanently lowering the user's alignment with each dealt hit, reducing it from anything to -100 in no time.

Our Host!