Keep getting attacked by guards and the gnome woman

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by manillungol, Feb 4, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. manillungol

manillungol New Member

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

She probably attempted pickpocket, then your followers attacked her, then the guards attacked you.

3. manillungol

manillungol New Member

I've seen her do the pickpocket motion before but my party has never attacked before in all my play throughs, Jayna Stiles seems to be attacking after an attempt and I've never used her before this, could it be her or the fact that I might have accidentally turned on the auto attack button?

4. sam12six

sam12six New Member

Y'know how your character and followers will occasionally juke off in a different direction because of the way the game calculates the walking path?

I've actually had an NPC juke into the train station and get into a fight with her when my party was supposed to just be walking up the street.

Also I've had a guard jump into the Doc Roberts quest and halfway through the fight start attacking my guys (This has only happened with Sogg in the party. I guess they locked him up for drunk-and-disorderly and there's bad blood there or something. - At least that's the RP justification I gave it to keep from throwing my monitor out the window).

5. manillungol

manillungol New Member

I've had a guard attack my guys in the Doc Roberts quest as well, oh well I guess I won't be using the train station anymore since I have the worthless mutt.

6. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

They hate you cause you are ugly.

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

He might be right, actually.

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

What is your beauty rating and do you have any scars?

9. manillungol

manillungol New Member

I actually think your friend frigo was trying to be an asshole and cause trouble to get me banned rather than give legitimate help, but to answer your question my beauty at the time in question was 8 and I have no scars I don't get hit in battle.

10. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Never get hit? Seen many battles have you?

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Beauty and scars have a reaction modifier, when he said you were ugly that was a legitimate reason because npcs can mistake you for monsters. Another reason may be your background choice though because you said your beauty was at 8 I guess we can rule that out. I am going to go with the failed pickpocket attempt that was noticed by a follower.

12. NotDedYet

NotDedYet New Member

Hopefully not too late for addage but the topic title sounds like a recipe for a good movie.

As Zanza said the little ones seem more offput by unfortunate looks. Halflings moreso than gnomes but gnomes are a close second. Strangely enough it is largely the females who are offended compared to the males.

The way halfings are perceived I often imagine the guards mistake them for wild children and protect them accordingly. I still have my game manual and the way they wrote up the elven perception on halflings it was bordering on deviant.

I suppose that 10 percent racial positive reaction modifier equates to an ingame 911 clause.

Our Host!