Im just wondering...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Saint Peter of Heaven, Jan 31, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Saint Peter of Heaven

Saint Peter of Heaven New Member

if you take the Elven Council to the world history, whose person in the world history will you take to the void?.. Napoleon? Genghis Kahn? Justine Bieber?.. who is it gonna be? and why?

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

So what you are asking is if the Elven Council could banish any historical figure in the real world, who would it be?

3. Saint Peter of Heaven

Saint Peter of Heaven New Member

4. Grindstone82

Grindstone82 New Member

5. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Let's be realistic...

Adolf Hitler

or possibly G. W. Bush.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Would it be wise to banish anyone, though? Arcanum taught us that banishing someone means giving him enough time to grow more powerful than we would have ever imagined before his inevitable return. Frankly, the last thing we need is a lvl 50 Hitler on our hands.

7. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Only applies to mages. Hitler was well into the occult, but in the end all he was was a runt with a funny moustache, an unusually charismatic nature and a hatred for jews.

8. Grindstone82

Grindstone82 New Member

Don't be hatin on the misled idealists. He was just a victim of his biography.

How about Kant (before he reached the age of maturity obviously). Misinterpretation of his aphorisms has caused us no end of grief.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

And warriors as well. As far as Aryans are concerned, it's just better safe than sorry.

10. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

And the correct interpretation of them just makes it a whole lot worse.

11. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, removing an evil dictator from history probably means that society will end up with less perspective and moral fortitude. However, John Howard would have been banished long ago, if I'd had the power.

I'm more phelgmatic in my old age, but he was an arch-criminal in my eyes, in my idealistic youth. He was the prime minister I loved to hate.

12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

John Howard was a good Prime Minister, stop the bandwagon hate.

13. `Makopabeef

`Makopabeef New Member

osama bin laden.. he's the kerghan of the press.. or maybe the top 10 most wanted people at FBI i guess...

14. Arthur_Vaapeli

Not really, my friend, this is all made-up, that 9/11 attack was planned, and executed by the US Gov't.
    You know, the plane exploded before it hit the building, and some other proofs that I'd rather not mention here, shows that it's an excuse for the US so they can get the oil in middle-east...

Yes, I know, I'm one hell of a crazy conspiracist.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in the general discussion thread?

15. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

No, she just needs a sitcom like "Good Morning America" and left there to rot. Personally, I'd say that, instead of one person, I'd convince the Elven Council to transport just the genitalia of visible and well-known corrupt politicians and bankers. Hopefully that'd cow the rest in line.

I'll keep this simple, and address your post in two points.
    1) You're an idiot.
    2) Eh, I'll leave it here for now. It's technically Arcanum Discussion. If it goes too far off course, I'll move it.

16. Arthur_Vaapeli

OK, look, you can't call me an idiot just because of what I believe, respect should be vital in this forum. I tell you what, you should respect other people's beliefs.

17. DarkFool

While this is derailing an already uncertain topic, I'll respond. I'll apologize. I'm sorry. You aren't an idiot. However, I consider your belief that 9/11 was a government plot to be idiotic. On a related note, I'm also going to say that if you really want to discuss this with me, send me a PM. I'd like to see this vaguely accurate thread get back onto it's vague rails.

18. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Your belief is idiotic and undeserving of respect. Every conspiracy has been thoroughly debunked time and again and again (and I'm not saying by the government either). People that actually believe this crap are no better than holocaust deniers.

As for which historical figure should go, John Maynard Keynes.

19. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Of course it got denied by the man, the man controls everything. Oh no I heard a knocking at the door could be the man!

Turns out it was the plumber but still, he could of done some work at the man's complex....

20. DarkFool

Listen to the buff fish, Arthur. :)
    Yeah, after looking him up, I think I can agree with this.Best suggestion so far, in my opinion.

Our Host!