No fighting skills at all

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Rex, Jan 30, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rex

Rex New Member

I feel like commanding a squad around, I want to make a char with no cps in dex, str, con and pe.
    But there are few problems:
    1. How do I lower the xp requirements for levels to like 60-75% of normal.
    2. Does white necro spells scale with ma/ta: will it be same effect if with 60 ta I heal 2 people with 30 ma and 30 ta?
    3. As above, but for force shield, and if it does stack with aptitude, what value can I get with 100 ta?
    4. Healing jacket, some say it's great, some say it sucks because it burn charges too fast[very differing opinions people here have], so - is it good and light(I'll probably have ~4 str)?
    5. Not 100% sure - is max spell effects at once my int /4?

2. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Sorry, but I couldn't understand what you just typed...

Could you specify a little more and use less abbreviations?

3. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

Think all the abbreviations he used were pretty normal, or maybe I'm just so used to reading them I don't even notice.

char= character
    cps= character points
    dex= dexterity
    str= strength
    con= constitution
    pe= perception

xp= experience
    ma= magical aptitude
    ta= technological aptitude

All the questions seem clear to me, and the abbreviations are perfectly normal ones on a forum like this. Course, that doesn't mean I have the answers :) Just didn't want him to feel like he'd made a poor post.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You will have to use an undatting program (we have a few of those in the Downloads section, DATBuilder for example) to extract xp_level.mes from Arcanum3.dat (it's in Arcanum3.dat/rules/xp_level.mes). Then you will have to open it with a text editor, change the XP values for each following level however you wish, save the file and place it in the Arcanum/data/rules/ folder (you will have to create the "data" folder and the "rules" folder in it).

They do scale with MA. For example, Minor Healing scales from 10 healed points at 0 MA/TA to 50 healed points at 100 MA. Anything below 0 MA/TA still gives the same effect as if it was cast with 0 MA/TA, though. This means that Minor Healing cast by both a 0 MA/TA character and a 100 TA character will heal 10 health points.

As opposed to healing spells, the effects of Shield of Force are weakened by the technological aptitude of the caster. Exemplary effects:

[​IMG]

No matter the size, a Healing Jacket gives you 8 AC, 14 DR, 5 FR and weights 250 pounds.

As for its healing effect, it heals 4 health point every 5 seconds, 1 charge per heal.

For some reason, it uses up 2 charges per heal for highly technological (TA ≥ 80) characters. I'd guess it's a bug - it would make much more sense to use up twice as much energy to heal highly magickal characters rather than highly technological ones.

Indeed.

5. Rex

Rex New Member

Thank you for your expertise.

Our Host!