Sir Garrick's eyes

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by lowndes888, Jan 24, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

I was doing both the Melee and Dodge quests, and when I killed Garrick, I forgot to take his eyes. When I went back to Adkin I gave him the potion and told him of Druella. He went to see her but I didn't become Dodge master. Can I do anything beside cheat to become one?

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You can't not take them. They just show up in your inventory. You have to ask him to train you, though. He won't do it otherwise.

But since he's gone, there is another solution. He can be found in Roseborough, in a cottage to the southeast.

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

It's easy to break this series of quests, because they have several different solutions. The "best" path that I usually follow is this:

1. Agree to do everything Sir Garrick asks you to do.
    2. Find Lady Druella and agree to backstab Sir Garrick once he has trained you.
    3. Bring Druella back to Dernholm, get the master Melee training, kill Garrick. Take the blindness cure and tell Druella that you'll bring it to Adkin.
    4. Now's the time to go to Stillwater. Give the potion to Adkin and tell him the whole story. He will gladly make you a master of Dodge.

The eyes appear in Sir Garrick's inventory only if you have promised Adkin to bring them to him. Personally, I think this is considered an evil/wicked solution to this quest.

4. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

I guess they didn't show up in my inventory because its always almost full with molotovs and healing salves. And I didn't save close to the fight. I'll try to see Adkin in Roseborough though.

5. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

A VERY useful tip: SAVE, SAVE, SAVE, like a maniac!!!

You don't know how many times I screwed up things for not saving, like when I killed a guy in Ashbury and all the guards in the city wanted to kill me :(

If you can't remember to save, grab a piece of paper, and write SAVE THE GAME in huge letters, you'll never forget anymore, worked with me :D

6. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

I do, but I autosave. I'm too lazy to do a proper save :p

7. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

If your inventory is full, this is not the case. I vaguely remember it never showing up. But this might be wrong, it may have dropped onto the floor before someone picking it up; "Oh look, a pair of gouged out eyes, I shall pick it up and put it next to my Baneful Gauntlets, it could be useful."

8. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Protip: F7 to quicksave, F8 to quickload.

9. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

The quicksave overwrites itself. That's what I did.

It doesn't matter though, I finished the game. :p

10. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

In that case, they show up on the ground where you stand.

Our Host!