ultraelectromagnetic noOb ARCANUM questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sirius Black, Jan 15, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sirius Black

Sirius Black New Member

hey guys! i just bought my arcanum in a thrift store for a price of a dollar.. (or 50 pesos), its a surplus so i thought i could buy it as a xmas gift for my children.. unfortunately i installed it so i get hooked (since 2009)

anyway this is the first time that i played arcanum w/ forum guides and walkthroughs so maybe you could help me out with my very basic questions:

1. does the patch comes first before creating a character?

2. what was the maximum number of party members?

3. is the other unofficial patches necessary?

thank you for your help :D

2. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

No, you should fully patch your game before starting a character.

This depends on which followers. Certain members, such as dog, summons, arachnids, and others will not count toward your maximum. I've had at least 11 in my party before, but I'm sure its possible to go well beyond that, perhaps to the limit that your computer could handle it.

In general however, your maximum followers will be dependent on your charisma, with a maximum of 5, one additional follower per 4 charisma. I think.

The simple answer is no- you can certainly play the game without them, and I'm sure it will be a satisfying experience. Unofficial works typically add content or fix bugs, or some combination thereof. Some people recommend a first play through with the official patch before moving onto unofficial works, but the UAP is a massive bug fix that probably wouldn't detract in any way.

AWIP is a combination of additional content as well as a bug fix- specifically I believe it uses the entirety of an older UAP version. You might want to give the regular game a try first, but AWIP is definitely worth a play or two if you get a chance.

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

I think somebody once posted a screenshot of a personal army of 40 something automatons. They also reported that it caused an immense slowdown.

Anyway, the official limit is 6, 1 follower per each 4 points of CH + another one from the Persuasion Expert perk (not 2, the manual is wrong).

4. Sirius Black

Sirius Black New Member

i already installed the Patch 1.0.7.4 (English) is that it? or there are other patches?

I have experienced the 'save bug' (2 undressed guys in the wilderness), that's the reason why I searched for some troubleshoots and i came across here! :D

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

That was me a while ago, though there were only 17 automatons if I count em correctly. Lag still made the game unplayable, and of course it was a complete game breaker. Absolutely not recommended, only for shitz and giggles.

http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=185102

Our Host!