"Just another startistic" was real

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Grossenschwamm, Oct 21, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

In any case, you cannot hold yourself responsible, Grossenshwamm. It's his life.

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

God Tier Troll / Attention Whore

3. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

And he clearly fucked it up by spending the formulative years of it trolling these forums instead of doing something productive.

4. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You don't have to care. The reason this affected me is that I was the last person he tried to contact before the overdose really kicked in. If this is a joke, I fail to see the funny. These emotions aren't to be trifled with, I believe suicide is a serious business. If he's trying to roll me he's done a pretty good job.

6. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Clearly then, it was because you gave him your skype address. He planned to get high and talk to you while he was dying, buy alas, you didn't bother to pick up, so it was in vain. He wouldn't have done that if he didn't have your skype address, to let you know what he was doing. It is
    ALL
    YOUR
    FAULT

and you will have to live with it. You just killed a fucking troll dude.

This makes me wonder though, if he's dead now, thanks to gross, for how long will it keep hellbokos from trolling the forum this time ?

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Perhaps mom and dad should keep him off the Internet and check his drug habits instead of heaping off their guilt on Grossen?

And if true, none of this is your fault Sponge, although I'm sure you know that already.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

If this is a joke, it isn't funny. If it isn't a joke, then it's even less funny.

9. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

If it isn't a joke it's fucking hilarious

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

11. The_Bob

Being this random anonymous guy on the other end of the internet, giving him his skype address was like shoving the pills down his throat. Or sticking the needle in his bulging vein.

It's obvious that people have to do everything you tell them to do on the internet, and can randomly commit suicide if you don't answer their calls. It is always your fault.

So I sustain the notion that TA just fragged a troll and point the finger at gross for not talking him out of it. Because he should have known that off all possible things, the troll has been committing suicide at the time. It was his responsibility, as a random guy on the internet, to drop whatever he was doing, answer the call from a much hated troll, and talk him into revealing his address or calling 911 himself.

That's called responsibility dude, for every single idiot on the planet, every stupid thing they do to themselves is somehow your fault from now on.

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Always leave it to an Eastern European to dish out the heavy irony.

13. Grossenschwamm

Maybe I could have stopped him, maybe not. I'm not worrying about it. He had already taken the pills or whatever by the time he posted here, so I doubt I really could have convinced him to do anything but urinate on himself. Anyone else remember his theory that he's god and that the world is his subconscious creation? Reality didn't shudder when he tried to off himself. I'm sure he'll be disappointed. What I don't like is that he didn't even try to get help. He must already be dead inside.
    EDIT
    His dad just called me through skype.
    His parents want answers, they had no idea he was this bad. His father sounds like a kind man...he cares very much for chris. They want to know how to get in contact with the people running the forum, and I'm the best they've got. If his parents see this place, maybe they'll understand...or they'll blame the forum. Or me. I hate seeing this. This is a family that's been ripped apart by one person's troubled mind. I want to help them, but I don't know how. I don't have the information they want. I don't think anyone here does. They want to know the kinds of things he's been saying here. They want some closure. I told them he used the forum to vent his frustrations about the real world, leading invariably to some animosity among the members.
    Why? Why am I the link? I should never have given my information to him. This grief I'm faced with is real. This family I've been talking to is real. I think chris might be in a coma.
    edit
    He died this morning. The 'rents know the web address, they have to pass it on to the police. They might try to log in looking for answers. They thought I was his friend. Maybe under different circumstances we would have been.

14. The_Bob

I figure this may be our first dead member.

It is a bit of a letdown that this wasn't an elaborate trolling effort.

A stupid, selfish way to go. It will likely bring all kinds of bad attention to our forums.

15. Charonte

Charonte Member

It invariably will bring some unwanted attention to the forums, and the level of contempt in this thread and others wont help in that regard. Hopefully they can see that HWLFP had been abusing this place for a very, very long time and our attitude towards him should at least be understood.

Still, a sad thing but a very, very selfish way to go. It'll cause no end of grief for his family

16. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

If they took a keener interest in their son they would have known.

Because you made yourself the link. There's nothing you could have done to prevent it so stop beating yourself up over it.

Why? Did he say we were bullying or harassing him? Did he blame anybody in particular? We encouraged him to seek help and warned him this would have happened if he didn't. He faked his own suicide first and it's a classic case of boy who cried wolf. When he was serious nobody believed him due to his past record of behavior. He made the choice to kill himself instead of seeking help, that isn't your fault.

17. Grossenschwamm

The parents are completely in the dark. I don't think he blamed anybody, but they figured the forum was their best chance to get answers, because apparently, it's how he spent most of his time.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Now I'm gonna look like a bad guy. Screw that. He didn't have to come to the forum therefore my hands are clean.

19. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Heavy sarcasm, I'd say. I don't think irony is the most accurate definition to The_Bob's post.

There was a first suicide? So this is real, not some elaborate troll at Gross' or TA's expense? I'm still skeptical, since I've only been here a few months, but if there was a precedent for this sort of thing then perhaps there is merit in what Gross is saying....besides grabbing a recording of your next Skype conversation and posting it here.

If so, this is certainly a unique situation. In all my years of gaming and internet, I've never even remotely heard of something like this happening on a particular forum. Sure, there were deaths, but nothing remotely similar to forum troll-suicide. Provided the situation is legit.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Should act as a warning to trolls out there, we have fire, we have acid, and we aren't afraid to use it.

Our Host!