A question about requirements of a taking a quest from npc?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by P0rtakalsuyu, Oct 21, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. P0rtakalsuyu

P0rtakalsuyu New Member

I've searched the forums a little bit but I coudn't find the exact answer.

Well, I wonder if there is spesific requirements when you try to take a quest from npcs around.I've tried a variety of different PCs, and I've found in forums that some quest need a min int. or cha. to see the related dialog options of quest.

Now I'm playing a char with 2 int. :D an (melee, dodge, prowling, backstab hafling.) I've noticed a situation; when get to shrouded hills constable insutls
    me, and directly tries to send me to bridge quest even I didn't ask about it.
    Now, I have trouble in my mind; are there any quests which needs low int point? I mean possible quests for only retard pcs? Anyone noticed sth about it or have the information of any possible quest?

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

There are no unique quests for characters with low INT. On the other hand, the entire playthrough is quite unique in itself, so I strongly recommend you play it through without increasing your intelligence EVEN THOUGH you might lose a quest or two in the process.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Definitely keep Virgil around and do his side quests, such as collecting mail etc if you plan to keep your character mentally challenged.

4. P0rtakalsuyu

P0rtakalsuyu New Member

Yes I coundn't take a lot of quests. (bessie toon, half ogre consp. etc, even ı cant sell the bessie toons boot to parnell)
    ommm.. eee... I've smashed Virgil's head just after the first dialog (wut? wut you say? ı beat you.) :-o
    I'm planning to go alone, but I'm going to get the med. arach. from Maxims in order to solve healing problem.

5. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

In an unrelated note, neden portakal suyu diye isim aldın ki?

Ha, bir de merhaba.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Oh, that bites. Virgil's commentary is positively hilarious through the course of the game.

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

When you finally say his name right.

8. P0rtakalsuyu

P0rtakalsuyu New Member

It's a bit off-topic but I've found myself in a pool of solid shit. My character is so extremely stupid that Maxim refuses to talk with me (only dialog option is "okeii buyee buyee." etc. ). Med. Arach. is a dream now. Infact I didn't even try to pickpocket him to see if he posseses it in his invortory or not, because I can't take most of the quests and hopelessly short in money. ( I know, I can still get their chest key and overcharge ristezze or the other merchants but the game gets boring and boring). I've saved the game and gave it up for a while.

unrelated answer:
    merhaba sanada, alışkanlık ya portakalsuyu elim başka nicke gitmez oldu.

9. Arkain

Arkain New Member

If the arach is very important to you then did you consider drinking an essence of intellect for that single dialogue?

10. DarkFool

This would be a solution.

My personal suggestion would be save the game, kill Maxim, and then see what's in his inventory.

11. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Can't you just pick pocket him. Then you should see his inventory.

12. DarkFool

I have a hard time picturing an absolute idiot that can pick pocket. I can, however, picture an absolute idiot clobbering the absolute crap out of this guy in hopes of getting shinies.

13. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I thought you were only trying to use Arcanum's odd extra sensory perception to see what he keeps in his pockets.

14. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Stupidity doesn't have anything to do with sleight of hand. Teaching it to someone who's stupid, however...that's where problems arise. Of course, you don't need to steal anything to take a look. And if worse comes to worse, you can always use a fate point to give your idiot that single shining moment of deft fingers.

15. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Öyle olsun. Terra-Arcanum'a hoşgeldin.

Hieronymous Maxim does not carry anything on his inventory naturally, he only spawns stuff through quests and components, as I remember. So pickpocketing should be futile anyways.

Just kill the guy. Heavier than air stuff flying around, he is the stupid one. =p

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Nope. He has both the arachnid and the schematic for it in his inventory all along.

17. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Is it A:WIP? I don't remember it in vanilla Arcanum.

18. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I recall accidentally killing Maxim in vanilla Arcanum to discover the items on his corpse. Then realizing I had no adjacent save game. Ouch.

19. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Can't remember how it was back in pure vanilla Arcanum, but that's how it is in Arcanum 1.0.7.4 + UAP.

Our Host!