Questions, questions....

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Matheias, Oct 1, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Matheias

Matheias New Member

Let's get right to the point.

1. I'm planning on doing a new character soon having throwing as his main offensive skill, so i wonder if strenght effect the damage done by thrown weapons?

2. What is the best throwing weapon in this game?

3. The desciption for being an expert at Bow says that you can shoot two arrows at once. How do you do that and does it double the damage done?

4. Is there any way to make followers learn found scematics?

5. The "Nietche poster child" background, does it effect the XP gained from followers kills?

2. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

1: AFAIK, Strength doesn't increase the damage done by throwing weapons. It does have other uses, though.

2: A stone weighing 5000 stone.

3: It is used automatically and does damage twice per shot (obviously) but you use twice the amount of arrows (obviously).

4: I don't think so, but you can use technical manuals to make found schematics yourself.

5: I do believe it does. But I'm not sure.

3. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Timothy, are you sure about that with the stone? I mean, I bet it does tons of damage, but it's QUITE unwieldy. And I can't imagine being able to throw it far even with max throwing/strength/whatever.

In any case, the best CONVENTIONAL thrown weapon is probably the Aerial Decapitator. It's in a secret location that never shows up on the map, even if you enter it.

Old Blind Master wields it. Coordinates: 750W, 556S. It's north of the Grey Mountains, so you have to get through a passage first.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/a ... tId,10375/

4. Arkain

Arkain New Member

Well, iirc an item's weight is an important factor for the damage calculation when throwing it (unless it's a throwing weapon by definition I guess), thus the stone should deal a large amount of damage. On the other hand you only throw it like 1-2 hexes, which probably makes more for a joke weapon than a real one.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

It does phenomenal damage. And it's very funny to watch one's character crush another with it. Just the idea of a dwarf (with 20 str) traveling Arcanum with a 5000 stone boulder, smashing everything...I say dwarf because you expect me to say half ogre.

6. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

I just got an idea to make a max ST/DX/Throw dwarf to go around and smash stuff with a boulder the whole game.

The only negative with using a dwarf is the inability to reach that sweet maximum DX bonus - +5 speed.

7. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Wouldn't getting 2 charged rings cover that?

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It would, and so would a Dex-enhancing background.

9. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Wait, I thought you couldn't negate racially reduced primary stats... Turns out I was wrong? Gotta check it out.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Backgrounds raise your racial maximums, capping at 20. So do blessings and equipment. An Elf with the Army Training background could reach 20 Strength.

11. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

And one quick tip: don't equip throwing daggers, throw them directly from the inventory, otherwise you won't damage your enemy.

Our Host!