The Tumour In The Whale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RodneyDale, Aug 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Every once in awhile I'll feel like I know my way around here with my fancy 2006 registration, but then I remember this place is as old as fuck, by internet reckoning.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You miss Q twice?

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Rodney Dale was born in 1933, and while we've had our share of old members, it's evident that you are not him.

Because the real Sapient must have moved there quite recently, considering that he is registered on this forum on a University of Minnesota email address.

Honestly HWLFP, you couldn't do better than that? Heck, haven't you already pulled the "plane tickets paid for a Jarinor memorial" line?

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Hey, went to the U of M!

He's destroying the honor of an alma mater I care little about!

5. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

See, what happens is right, I start off with what I think is a good if not at least viable plan. Set up the fake emails what have you. Get prepared you know. Then I sart on the drink. Usually my "masterplan" is then foiled by either an IP check of just some general logic from one of the admin. Following that I let off a small amout of angry steam and I am banned.
    Really not sure why I keep doing this. I don't even like forums. I actually started off here in roughly 2006 when I started Arcanum scripting.
    It's very strange how when I post here I almost get that nervous excitement in waiting for a reply. Very odd.
    I'm not even the weird twat you would expect to see in real life either. Believe what you will, but I really seem to get a kick out of posting here and I don't think I have ever known why. I remember back in 2006, before I discovered proxy IP addresses, I was running all around marbella to the next internet cafe, just to make another account here, post something vile, and then get banned.
    I suppose, I am simply a royally sad twat. I will let you know that my Realm on WoW is undergoing 24 hour maintanence so thats probably why I'm here at the moment.

6. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

You're like a creepy stalker. But instead of trying to stalk one girl that hates you, you stalk a forum that hates you? I'm not entirely sure if that's admirable or pathetic.

7. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Stop letting off that angry steam and perhaps people may at least tolerate you, I don't know.

8. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

That is a fair point but the trouble with being an alcoholic is, you tend to lose control of all your faculties.

9. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I'm glad I don't drink (anymore). What did you plan to do once you had some people on board with your memorial service, take the opportunity to reveal yourself and get a good laugh? It would actually be funny.

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Q= Qilikatal (or something. I never could spell it. Hence the Q)

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

This makes me want to track down Quethim... he actually lives just like 2 or 3 hours away, if that... xD

13. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

Something like that yeah.

14. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

So you'd have give people free vacations to UK so you can have your fun?

Can't see how that would make you have the last laugh? :/

15. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

Yes, I would have had to let the cat out of the bag before actually paying for any trips since I have no money at the moment.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I saw this episode of Criminal Minds, too. Was kind of disappointed, though. Not as good as the commercial made it seem.

Seriously, you have no shame.

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The whole thing might have worked better if you didn't mention paying for peoples' transportation in your third post. It was hard not to smell anything fishy in that.

*head explodes*

18. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

One must keep in mind that an attention seeker such as this subconsciously wants to be exposed most of the time. I think if I really wanted to keep my identity a secret I would first place some effort into masking my IP. Knowing my lifestyle, even if I wanted to remain hidden in daylight, my guise would soon be uncovered through some drunken rage rant or drugged up state of deliriousness.

19. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

20. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

So, did Jarinor actually die, or what

Our Host!