Arcanum High Resolution Patch

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Apr 14, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Firebringer do a fresh install of everything in this order:

Arcanum -> 1.0.7.4 official patch -> UAP -> High-Res Patch.

Should work fine, if not then you have a corrupted patch somewhere.

2. firebringer

firebringer New Member

Ok I did get both the UAP and the hi-res patch to coexist successfully. I had to go to GoG.com and buy the DRM-less version....not a bad investment for just 6$ ! Then I just did the full install, the official patch install, the UAP, then hi-res patch install, and everything is running like gangbusters.

Thanks!

3. Mscook

Mscook New Member

hey guys. Really looking forward to some of these mods but the hi. res def caught my eye. However im getting 404 error when i try to access it. Does anyone have an alt link or the ability to upload it?thanks in advance!

NVM I found it.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

5. Pixote

Pixote New Member

I will have to say that this patch helped revitalized my desire to play Arcanum gain…sadly I gave up on the game after my initial play when it was first released. After almost ten years my friend gave me a new copy of the game, and being a Fallout fan - BlackIsle - Troika and general RPG admirer, I wanted to give Arcanum another try. The thing about great games is that they very patient - and always wait for your return, and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

6. Mscook

Mscook New Member

/sigh
    well i the patch (from a different site) and now it isn't working so i either didn't install it right or i didn't get the patch at all. it would be great to have since im playing on a 42' screen. does anyone have suggestions on the install so i can look at that. i will be looking for another Dl of it.

7. Charonte

Charonte Member

Have you got the latest official patch/unofficial patch installed?

Which OS? If it's Vista or 7 have you tried disabling UAC in the control panel?

What, exactly, is happening when you run the .bat script in the Arcanum folder?

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

If it's Vista or 7, hit up the thread about making it run in Vista.

Also, what order did you install things in? That's rather important...

9. William Blake

William Blake New Member

Is it normal that the performance isnt as good as without the high res mod?
    Im playing with 1280 x 800 (16:10) and theres a noticeable lag when selling stuff.
    My system specs are more then recommended (dual core, 4gig RAm, 1Gig graphic..)

Im running Win7 64bit Prof

10. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Have you tried using the -no3d and/or -doublebuffer command line options? See the readme file for more info.

11. William Blake

William Blake New Member

Theres no hint in the readme (you mean the html file, right?), but with the doublebuffer parameter it seems to work

12. jca

jca New Member

I use 1680*1050 resolution. About everything seems to work just fine. The only thing that does not work is when Joachim is supposed to come to the underground room at the Sobbing Onion after Virgil is ressurrected. One time I managed to see a glimpse of him near the double doors, but then he just vanished. So I had to uninstall the patch for that event to work properly.

13. chessmazter

chessmazter New Member

High CPU Useage

Running Arcanum with High Res will send my laptops CPU usage to nearly 100%. Leading to fan noise and heat. I've fallen in love with High Res and don't want to go back to standard resolution. However I also don't want to fry my system. Edit: I should mention this is at 1280 x 800 resolution.

No other software I've used does this to my laptop. It's usually quiet and cool. Even when running things like VM's, Photoshop, etc.

Is there any settings I could tweak, software I could install or commands I could run to minimize this issue...?

System details...

Laptop is a Macbook however Arcanum is running on Windows 7 via Boot camp partition. Thus, Windows 7 can use all of my systems power if need be.

4gb Memory (ddr2)
    Intel Core 2 Duo (2ghz)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M (256mb)
    320gb 7200rpm HD

Thank you.

14. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Try the -no3d and -doublebuffer command line arguments.

15. Mulambo

Mulambo New Member

Re: looks great. but am having problem will map scrollings

I am experiencing this same problem.

It happens on both the world map and on the local area map. I can only move the map down and right. It is as if the button for the map hasn't been actually moved to the right spot, so the button on my screen lies on top of the actual arrow button off-center, and I can't click the up or left arrows.

I'm playing in 1680x1050. Has this ever been resolved?

16. Zaemz

Zaemz New Member

Hey guys. I can't find any information regarding the problem that I'm encountering. I'm sure it's a user issue, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I installed the game, installed the patches in the recommended order, but when I try to run Setup-HighRes.exe, a console shows me "ERROR: Unable to find CHITIN.KEY"

Then it lists two directories for Balder's Gate II.

What am I doing wrong?

17. bonapartist

bonapartist New Member

Just reinstalled Arcanum after years, and WHOA that's low res. The menu system makes the screen seem so claustrophobic it's hard to deal with sometimes; for some reason I never had this feeling before when I played and never had a glimpse of it when playing similarly low-res old RPGs such as Fallout.

Anyway, I was happy to see the high res pack, and then devastated to find that ALL the links I could find are bad, including the ones on this forum post.

Can someone post a working download link?

18. Langolier

Langolier Member

You should be able to find them in the Downloads section. Look at the top of the page.

19. astral54r

astral54r New Member

Cant enter IP in lan game with 1280x1024 resolution :(

20. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Did it work without the 1280x1024 resolution? Because Multi-player Arcanum is/was not fully working.

Our Host!