Played anything decent lately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charonte, Jun 17, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Nidoking has lots of anti-dark moves.

Double Kick, Megahorn, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Brick Break, Fury Cutter, and Superpower. Megahorn is a bonus because it's bug type and can counter psychic if you're fast enough.

2. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Ah, Megahorn is a nice hitter.

Should've considered it, since Nidoking can learn almost any super attack (it can use blizzard and thunder even, christ!).

3. magikot

Yeah. Nidoking can do damn near anything :p

EDIT: Also, he learns megahorn at 58. So if you are higher and decided not to learn it you can always use a heartscale at the move relearner and teach him it.

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

You guys are crazy, I only pick Nidoking cause he looks cool.

5. floyd

floyd New Member

I played with my cock (which is more than decent, thank you very much) and I teased the good ol' prostate a little. With a cucumber. And then I played some Fallout 2.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Don't troll this thread deadshit.

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Poison is a very effective defensive type, too. He's definitely a top-tier Pokedude.

One thing that irks me about the games in recent years is how many HMs I need to have distributed in my team. In Gen I, there were 5 HMs, and only four of them were necessary for traversing the game (Cut, Surf, Flash, and Strength), with the fifth (Fly) being more for convenience. Now I need to have Strength, Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Rock Climb, Cut, Flash and Rock Smash if I want to fully explore a dungeon. That's EIGHT required moves, one third of my total movepool! Surf isn't so bad, because it is actually a useful sweep, but everything else is terrible (Flash can sometimes be handy when you're facing an epic sweeper and you don't want it to hit you, at least). That's a total of two dump pokemon. Yarrrgh.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Is SoulSilver and/or HeartGold worth trying?

9. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Well, seeing that Yellow and Gold/Silver were the ones I most enjoyed, my opinion will have a slight bias. Still, I think they are best in this newest generation pokemon games. They have enough additions on the old Gold/Silver too.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I've been playing through Knights of the Old Republic. It's been a while since I played it last, but it's just as good after so many years stored away.

11. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Speaking of KotOR, have you seen the Hope Cinematic Trailer (SWTOR)?

12. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Is Knights of the Old Republic worth to play? What are the pros or cons of this game?

PS: Finally, I have save the King Durek's wizard Serevol from those pesky Orcs in the King Durek's castle. Now I have to go to the The Island Caverns (Using the Blue Gem on the 'An Island Retreat' exhibit) to find something very important. (Legend of Blacksilver)

13. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I've been playing some very good old RTS games lately. Mainly Homeworld and Age of Kings (AoE2). The first is really a one of a kind game, letting you fight in full 3D in outer space (you can do cool things like attacking the enemy mothership from below and above at the same time. Delicious). AoK is so superior to most RTSs even today (except for the really golden ones like SC). It's a game where you sometimes forget about the war with other players and focus on trade and city-development instead. But you can go really deep in tactics and strategy if you want to, attacking, defending and countering away like there's no tomorrow. Also, the pace in both games is really nice; what we swedes would call "lagom".

14. magikot

Nidoking is the Pokemon of the Week on serebii this week.

15. light-servant

light-servant New Member

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I own a copy of Mount and Blade, so that I can play multiplayer, but my graphics card died, so I cannot.

17. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

:(

I can't get hold of M&B Warbands, myself. But I'd like to.

18. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

No...but I'm curious. I'll have to check it out. Edit; looks pretty cool, though the last part of the force power fight looked a little like DBZ (smashing into a cliff face, then being crushed by a pillar of force).

I'd say you should give the game at least one playthrough. It has a decent storyline, d20 rules, great voice acting and variably challenging combat (depending on how you set the difficulty).

19. Charonte

Charonte Member

Just pick up any cheap last-generation card from somewhere. IIRC I used to play M&B on an old GeForce 4 MX440 and an FX5200. Ran and looked like shit mind you (let's face it, it does anyway), but it still ran. Something from the Radeon HD4xxx series or nvidia 2xx series would work just fine.

Did find a major glitch in Morrowind, though. I'm running every bug patch known to man and yet I'm still able to glitch summoning spells into becoming permenant. Make a custom spell with summon creature for one second on self and soul trap 1 second on target. Look at the ground, cast, and your chosen minion will appear and fight for you forever, it's corpse even persisting after death.

I did have fun playing overlord with an army of golden saints though, the most annoying part is that they tend to glitch and get stuck on top of each other - to the point you've got a cheerleader's pyramid standing there doing fuck all as an ogrim is beating on your ass. Still, killing them all and selling the daedric gear on their corpses to the mudcrab merchant netted me a small fortune.

What's worse is that one of the mods makes vampires fucking impossible to kill. They can't be killed without stakes (just get KOd and get right back up) and they're far too fucking tough. Going through one dungeon I had 12 Golden Saints and 12 Dremora and yet as soon as I opened the door they'd get slaughtered by 3-4 vampires and I'd die in one hit soon after that. Ridiculous.

20. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

You can download it directly off their site (that's how I got it). If you want to try it out first, you can even download the full game (which lets you play until level 7, roughly two or three hours, before kicking you back to the title screen. It's a demo), and then purchase the key later.

It's pretty great, although when it gets frustrating, it gets REALLY frustrating. YARRRRRGH.

Charonte: I'm able to run M&B Warband on the integrated card in my LG Netbook (no joke!), but it gets all laggy on multiplayer, and I haven't tried to run it singleplayer. I'm getting a new card soon. Strapped for cash at the moment.

Our Host!