I should love this game, but the combat gets in the way :(

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by poetic arcanum, Feb 5, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

This.

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Not in AD. You want to discuss music further go to GD and make a "Nero's personal music wank thread" or something.

3. nero

nero New Member

sorry thought it was dead, it is a rant thread isnt it?

I just shared something at the end of my post and you replied about that off topic thing and that off topic thing only, YOU decided to discuss something else entirely instead of the topic of the thread, YOU changed the topic. Don't tell me to make my own thread when it is you who wants to discuss music.

4. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

No, I don't. You do.

You replied in a thread where the last significant contribution was 4 months ago. It was necro'd, people told the gravedigger off, and then you decided to make a comment with what is apparently the sole intent to link that video. I merely asked you not to post crappy music again since we have a who wants a video thread already. You then insult my musical tastes without any knowledge of what I listen to by insinuating that I only listen to Limp Bizkit and then you then go on into a 5 paragraph summation of what is arguably the worst video I've seen. Topping it all off with openly soliciting for more videos.

Further, I didn't change the topic, you did. A side note is used for something related to the topic at hand, shitty music has nothing to do with ranting about Arcanum's combat.

Lastly, your first sentence makes 0 sense.

Care to try again?

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

He is gonna be fat by the time you are done with him Magikot.

6. nero

nero New Member

you assume that my whole intention was to link that video? fail

paragraph is copy + pasted (you can google it) but like the writer says, it needs no explanation, yet somehow you failed to comprehend the meaning of the video. I challenged you to provide something that could cast some merit to your high standards and taste so superb that you think you can pass judgement. All i see right now is a whiney bitch who thinks hes a forum mod.

And you do want to discuss music, otherwise you wouldn't have said shit about my off-topic link. You could have just ignored it but you wanted to make it an issue, or are you really such an idiot that you think people will listen to you when you call their stuff crappy? :p

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Now isn't that a shame.

Wall of Fire is the most devastating spell in the Fire college. You're obviously doing it wrong.

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I've always enjoyed fireflash, myself. It's a good way of getting rid of tons of mooks before you take on the tougher enemies.

9. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

True, I always used it to kill many weak enemies at once, or hinder the stronger ones. After that I finished them with my gun, (I can't remember if the bow is equally deadly) preventing them to come too close. It saving me mana and fatigue for the real dangerous creatures.

PS: What will be next? A discussion about 'Which music genre is the best' thread in the AD?

10. nero

nero New Member

I liked the damage on it when I initially used it too but it would get screwed up all the time, not filling out all the way and mobs would just walk around it all the time and its pretty hard to cast in those doorways where its most useful by the way they are angled a lot of the time. I thought I would use unseen force to push the mob back through the firewall but it doesn't take damage from that. I suppose casting 3 firewalls and standing in the middle would be a good idea, but since the tier 3 fire nuke doesnt do friendly fire (was surprised to find out it didn't) I find myself just using that.

11. nero

nero New Member

such a blasphemy cannot occur lest all logic be damned.

PS: by brining attention to it, and with a question, you beg to further discussion about this off topic crap. Personally, I don't care, but since you do, its slightly hypocritical. I suggest ignoring the things that offend you unless you wish to argue about them.

12. Pixote

Pixote New Member

Has there ever been an attempt to rebuild/change the combat system, or is buried too deeply in the game code.

13. Charonte

Charonte Member

The combat system is hard coded, it cannot be easily changed or rebuilt as you put it.

Our Host!