My condolences Muro...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mesteut, Apr 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Please accept my condolences as well.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Apparently Anna Walentynowicz was on that plane as well. What a fateful day for Poland. My condolences to everyone affected by this, and I just hope that it won't destabilize Poland too much.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I hope the dildo guy wasn't on the plane.

5. Zoya

Zoya New Member

I hear "Polish lider killed" everywhere, so I somehow "got used" to it, but when I look at the list of victims again, I'm shocked as if I just learned... many people you could see on the TV every day, top politicians, dead. I'm not the kind that puts [*] in their facebook and I know this tragedy won't change my life more than breaking my leg or something, but it's really hard to think about anything else in a moment like this. I still can't contain it. So many people wiped out and considering all the circumstances... I can't think of a coincidence more cruel than this.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Damn. We're going to need a new government airplane.

96 people, to be exact. Dozens of thousands of people die of hunger each day. Let's not pretend that the number is of any significance here.

Fear not, Palikot is live and kickin'.

I think I'm just going to quote Wikipedia on that one:

...who mostly acts as a representative role in Poland anyway...

No one is irreplaceable.

It's not the end of the world, yet one would think differently if the reactions of most people around here were his only source of information. I find it both despicable and hilarious how people, normally laughing at the president and openly detesting him, now spam their "[*]"s and confessions of how they feel sad and empty because of his death all over their facebooks / blogs / forums / instant messaging statuses /deviantart journals / fucking everywhere. Damn hypocrites and their false sadness for show. Reminds me of the whole Michael Jackson situation.

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

To be honest, losing half your government in one fell swoop will probably affect your life in a variety of ways.

8. Charonte

Charonte Member

Given the current state of politics down here, it'd most certainly improve mine.

9. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Wait wait wait wait.... I don't understand something.

Why do we care that some Poles died? Sure, they were government members, but at the end of the day, they're still Polish.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  11. Zoya

Zoya New Member

"To be honest, losing half your government in one fell swoop will probably affect your life in a variety of ways."

Losing half of my government would do that, yes, but this is not the case. Some prominent politicians died, along with top military staff and several civil officials, but none of them were members of the government.

12. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Excluding the President, I assume.

Still, you probably mean the poeple that died never made the important decisions that affected your life directly.

13. Zoya

Zoya New Member

Well, the word 'government' and its Polish equivalent may just differ in meaning. Here we use it for all the ministers and the prime minister, so saying that half of the government died is confusing... even if you mean politicians in general, not just the cabinet.

14. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Which one of the Polish government has actually the last and final word in the case of the missile shield? One of the main reasons that I am a bit worried, because the president did agreed to have a part of the missile shield (or the whole) in his country. Now that he is dead, I hope that his successor will agree as well. (Better, safe then sorry.) In addition, was it really an accident? Because, in that plane crash all the senior commanding officers who were on board have died in the crash.

15. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Most probably an accident according to the information we have at hand. Pilot tried to land three times in fog, missed the strip three times, and then tried a fourth time instead of finding a more suitable landing spot in another city.

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Initial signs point to an accident. A special commission for the investigation of the accident has been established, so we'll just have to wait and see to be sure.

17. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Funny. All through my teenage years, we had an unused bottle of Polish Remover sitting in the garage, and I always made the exact same joke. Except with Hitler. I would use it whenever that one Neo-Nazi dropped by.

Our Host!